Request for my dear Wife

OP
BRobertson
Hi folks,
Just wanted to check in, mostly to thank all of you fine people who posted here , sent prayers , PMs, emails, phone calls, or even just took a moment to think how lucky we are in this world to have people like Babette that devote their lives to taking care of those in need! ( primarily nurses!!)
There really are a lot of damn good people on here!!

After a couple of months I am starting to feel like I can breathe again. Still have terrible days, but hopefully less
often!!
i have taken a couple of hikes close to my house, into the foothills of the Alaska Range looking for an area to do
some fall grizzly hunting. That was very theraputic.

Still having a hard time understanding why she is gone …….

Bob

Last edited:

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Babette was a wonderful lady. May God bless and comfort you and give you peace along with your wonderful memories of your life with Babette.

Scottyboy

WKR
I cannot get imagine the heartache, something that has gotten me threw difficult times is surrounding yourself with other like minded people for a “distraction” (and I mean that in the best way). A week in griz country, with friends will do you well!

manitou1

WKR
Hey Bob, good to hear you are getting a grizz hunt planned and getting out.
As far as understanding the death thing, we are promised a few things by our Creator. Most importantly is everlasting life. We are not put here to live forever, but to actually die so that we can be with HIM in Paradise when the time comes. What we do while we float around on this big spinning ball is just but a mere second compared to what comes next. The lives we touched, the people we helped, the folks we show love and compassion to, and those that loved us while we were here are all things we are charged with while here, and Babette touched and helped many , no doubt about it. during her stay here. My wife is a nurse. They are special, caring people who serve a higher calling than most of us, giving of themselves until there is nothing more to give, then giving even more. My wife lives to serve others in all ways... always caring for and thinking of their needs over hers. I am in awe of folks like that. A truly special gift they have. Although you may not see her, Babette is with you everywhere you go, in thoughts and memories and in her spirit. No doubt she rejoices when you smile or finish an achievement and she wishes the best in this life for you.
Keep chugging along friend. Your good days will outnumber your bad days in time.

Midwest.Bushlore

Lil-Rokslider
I'm so sorry for your loss. As time goes by I hope the memory of her brings more joy than sadness. Smoke sent for you both. I too am atheist/agnostic but I believe a part of our loved ones lives on in us so long as we remember.

elkguide

WKR
Life is so precious. Be thankful for the many wonderful times that you had together and keep on looking ahead as she would want you to do. Prayers and best to you.

Btaylor

WKR
Hey Bob, good to hear you are getting a grizz hunt planned and getting out.
As far as understanding the death thing, we are promised a few things by our Creator. Most importantly is everlasting life. We are not put here to live forever, but to actually die so that we can be with HIM in Paradise when the time comes. What we do while we float around on this big spinning ball is just but a mere second compared to what comes next. The lives we touched, the people we helped, the folks we show love and compassion to, and those that loved us while we were here are all things we are charged with while here, and Babette touched and helped many , no doubt about it. during her stay here. My wife is a nurse. They are special, caring people who serve a higher calling than most of us, giving of themselves until there is nothing more to give, then giving even more. My wife lives to serve others in all ways... always caring for and thinking of their needs over hers. I am in awe of folks like that. A truly special gift they have. Although you may not see her, Babette is with you everywhere you go, in thoughts and memories and in her spirit. No doubt she rejoices when you smile or finish an achievement and she wishes the best in this life for you.
Keep chugging along friend. Your good days will outnumber your bad days in time.

Well said and spot on.

All American Boy

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for your loss Bob. Sounds like a special woman! Prayers to you and your family. Pray God Almighty comforts you during this time.

bbell

WKR
Glad you were able to get out a bit. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were holding up. I will continue to pray for you. Blessings!

Miles under the boots is the best therapy around....hang in there and don't hesitate to check in here if things get rough....

trslabaugh

Lil-Rokslider
A loss like that does not get easier, we just learn to live with it. In such a struggling time, I applaud you for coming on here and talking about it. That's a strong thing to do and sometimes it is nice to hear a stranger's voice for supporting what you are up against... be it a simple hunt planning, load development, or a more serious life matter. Not that roksliders are all strangers, but you don't know all of us yet! Keep putting one foot in front of the other...