Resale Valeus

Atchcraft

FNG
I bought a flagship bow this year, that I’m just not a fan of after all. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on finding the value of a used bow?
thanks,
Matt

Look through the ArcheryTalk classifieds. Values vary based on a lot of things, brand probably being first and foremost unfortunately.

What bow are you trying to sell? List the specs too, it will help us come up with a value.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
A

Atchcraft

FNG
Thanks, I’ll check that out. It’s a 2021 Bowtech Solution. Selling the bare bow, with an extra set of Gas Ghost strings. It’s a smooth bow, but I‘ve had others, and have a new Mathews V3X that I like better.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Matt

Last edited:
Thanks, I’ll check that out. It’s a 2021 Bowtech Solution. It’s a smooth bow, but I‘ve had others, and have a new Mathews V3X that I like better.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Matt
What peak weight? Bare bow? Custom strings or stock? Any imperfections in the riser, limb pockets, limbs, or cams?

OP
A

Atchcraft

FNG
What peak weight? Bare bow? Custom strings or stock? Any imperfections in the riser, limb pockets, limbs, or cams?

it’s just the bare bow, with Gas Ghost stings, #70, and it’s in like new condition.

it’s just the bare bow, with Gas Ghost stings, #70, and it’s in like new condition.
700 on the low end 800 on the higher end. Some colors or camos are more desirable. Bows aren't as bad as cars but they do loose their value pretty fast. You got good strings on yours so I would list somewhere around 800, if you are patient you will get close to that. If you're not on ArcheryTalk already make an account over there. Lots more eyeballs on bows.

Shipping cost are pretty high right now if you don't sell locally, especially if shipping across the country. I just shipped a bow from Illinois to San Diego and it was over $50 but that included full value insurance also.

OP
A

Atchcraft

FNG
This is great info, thank you. I’ve been checking out the site you mentioned and you’re right, lots of bows. Mine is Kuiu Verde, so I think that’s fairly popular.

I‘ll try and sell it locally, but I should have kept my box!

Last edited:
you can ask a bow shop if they have any extra boxes but definitely sell locally if you can shipping is expensive. there should be a bowtech buy sell facebook group try posting there in addition to craigslist or offerup

Trial153

WKR
You lucky if you get 65% of the retail cost of a new bow a year later. It keeps dropping till it gets to about four years old and your get about 30-40% and then it levels off for awhile.

Your better off burning your money then buying new bows, at least you will get the heat from it.

Last edited:
OP
A

Atchcraft

FNG
You lucky if you get 65% of the retail cost of a new bow a year later. It keeps dropping till it gets to about four years old and your get about 30-40% and then it levels off for awhile.

Your better off burning your money then buying new bows, at least you will get the heat from it.
That makes sense. I’d planned on keeping it, but I just don’t like it. I’m going to spend a lot more time shooting before I buy next time.

Rob5589

WKR
Been there, sucks for sure. You could try to trade for something else. You may come out better than selling for a large loss.

Really depends on the bow. I bought a V3 used, sold it for more than I bought it for. I just depends.

I do see RX5 Ultras on Ebay for 1100-1200 bucks, new, that's quite a drop from just 2 months ago.

flyboy214

FNG
As a data point, last year's flagship bows are going for 800 ish New on ebay. Used with the new bowstrings it should go for just a tad less.