Resort type vacations

Will_m

WKR
Anybody stayed at something like an all inclusive resort which centered around fishing? Seems like I've seen some advertisements for something like this but I also saw an advertisement for a pill to make me a walking tripod. The latter did not perform as promised.

Trying to figure out something that I can use to satisfy the wife but also not end up sitting on a beach all day. Also, strangely enough, would be considering something either in Alaska (not salt centered) or something tropical. I suspect anything in Alaska is probably cost prohibitive, but thought there might be something worth looking into with a tropical theme.

Basically, I can make it seem like it's her vacation but make the best use of it for us both.

zach12321

FNG
If your interested in offshore fishing cozumel has some nice all inclusive resorts and lots of fishing charter options. Ive been to Secrets not really "fishing centered" resort but the fishing charters will pick you up from the resort. Caught Mahi, barracuda, and reef sharks.

Any coastal area with a resort should have fishing nearby.

Look at Hawaii. You can fish but also hunt axis deer.

jjgrow

FNG
We stayed at Villa Del Palmar in Loreto. While not tropical (desert), it's warm/hot and dry. Pangas pick you up on the private beach in front of the resort then take you out to wherever the fish are. The guides will fillet out your fish or you can just hand the whole fish to the staff at the beach bar and the restaurant will cook it up for you (or you can take it home in coolers). The ladies just hung out at the pool/beach exercising the drink runners. We caught yellowtail but depending on the season, there's dorado, grouper, sea bass, etc. Many people bring their own gear but the guides have everything you need.

Laramie

WKR
The RIU on paradise island is a great, inexpensive adults only all inclusive. There are several charters very close and the hotel provides transportation. The shore fishing can be pretty good as well on some areas of the island.