Resources to get started with trad archery

Samsam

FNG
Anyone have some favourite books, websites, YouTube channels for someone interested in getting started with trad archery? Thanks.

Btaylor

WKR
I would encourage you to get a bow that is heavy for you to draw and just snap shoot it for a while with the occasional short draw. Learn as many bad habits as you can early on so you will have a better appreciation for what proper shooting looks and feels like. That's the way the rest of us did or are doing it. No reason at all to start off on the right foot with great mechanics and form. :)

DEW0341

WKR
The only YouTube source you should look at IMO is The Push, Arne Moe, Jimmy Blackmon, Dwayne Martin, Aaron Snyder, and Jake Kaminski. I may have missed like 2 others. Don’t waste time on others like I did.

Ultimately do yourself a favor and just spend the $200 on SOLID with Tom Clum on The Push website. That is a GOLD MINE! If you can’t be near a GOOD reputable coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Best money I ever spent on trad archery was 2 days with Rod Jenkins at his place in Alabama. That broke many bad habits for me and set me on the correct track.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The only YouTube source you should look at IMO is The Push, Arne Moe, Jimmy Blackmon, Dwayne Martin, Aaron Snyder, and Jake Kaminski. I may have missed like 2 others. Don’t waste time on others like I did.

Ultimately do yourself a favor and just spend the $200 on SOLID with Tom Clum on The Push website. That is a GOLD MINE! If you can’t be near a GOOD reputable coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joel Turner is one of them you missed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There’s lots of ways to skin the trad cat I’ve discovered, and you kind of have to treat it like a buffet and take the things out of the resources that work for you.

What helped me personally:

I second “Masters of the Barebow”
Clay Hayes on YouTube
Gary Chynne on YouTube (kinda different, but fun)
Fred Asbell’s “Instinctive Shooting” books
Jason Samkowiak on YouTube/podcast
The Push’s coaching moments on their podcast

I’m always gleaning little things and trying them. Sometimes they really click for me, sometimes they don’t.

Geewhiz

WKR
Not sure where your at but it might be worth a trip to denver to spend a weekend with Tom Clum at RMS gear. He is a huge wealth of knowledge and a terrific coach.

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
When I first dove in I believe it was Beendare that told me to download all of the coaching moments with Tom Clum and that was awesome.

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second Tom's solid archery mechanics of you can't get a coach.