Responsible Gun Owner Kills Mall Shooter

sneaky

"DADDY"
I didn't realize that the mall prohibited firearms. I will be interested to see if any pursuit of their rights as private property owners is undertaken by whoever owns the mall and made that rule for their property.

The young man could put on his resume, "I got banned from the mall for stopping murders".
Policy and law are two separate things. The mall should be thankful that the guy did what their security didn't.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
I didn't realize that the mall prohibited firearms. I will be interested to see if any pursuit of their rights as private property owners is undertaken by whoever owns the mall and made that rule for their property.

The young man could put on his resume, "I got banned from the mall for stopping murders".
Generally if you violate a no firearms policy you're asked to leave (if discovered) and could possibly be trespassed from the property. They're unlikely to do anything.

sndmn11

WKR
I'd go back to Sand Creek; the definition of mass shooting seems readily dynamic over the last dozen years.

I wonder how the incidents per Capita compares over the last century or two.

I'd go back to Sand Creek; the definition of mass shooting seems readily dynamic over the last dozen years.

Gun deaths (murders) certainly are in a downward trend over the long haul. Certainly spiking up lately tho.

FT_22.01.26_GunDeaths_2.png

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I carried when I was in college at a California state university for several years which of course was against the rules. I had CCW and I asked the right questions to local LE and the worst thing that would have happened was expelled from school, best thing saved my life or lives. It was a no brainer.

i think there needs to be a better study of this stuff and a segmentation of the data. I think parkland and uvalde are very different than many other instances being called mass shootings. All of them are terrible and tragic but I think there needs to be a considered study that seeks to segment something like this episode in Indiana from, for example, a shoving match outside a night club where someone pulls a gun and fires some shots. Again, both are terrible and tragic but wildly different motivations and circumstances in my opinion.

I carried when I was in college at a California state university for several years which of course was against the rules. I had CCW and I asked the right questions to local LE and the worst thing that would have happened was expelled from school, best thing saved my life or lives. It was a no brainer.
You genuinely thought it was a good idea to risk expulsion so you could carry a gun around a university campus? 🤔

WCB

WKR
You genuinely thought it was a good idea to risk expulsion so you could carry a gun around a university campus? 🤔
Did you read what his decision was based off of? Expelled or be defenseless...hmmmmm what value do you put on your or your friends/loved ones lives?

Same thought process I have every time I walk into a business with a "no firearms allowed" sign.

sndmn11

WKR
i think there needs to be a better study of this stuff and a segmentation of the data. I think parkland and uvalde are very different than many other instances being called mass shootings. All of them are terrible and tragic but I think there needs to be a considered study that seeks to segment something like this episode in Indiana from, for example, a shoving match outside a night club where someone pulls a gun and fires some shots. Again, both are terrible and tragic but wildly different motivations and circumstances in my opinion.
Agreed. The "four or more injured or killed" definition inflates the incidents 100x over (my guess) on what I view as general crimnal activity versus a school shooting/random act of terror.

Heck Denver PD "mass shot" bystanders the other day. https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/denver-police-bystanders-hurt-cops-fire-armed-man-87019958

Jbehredt

WKR

But the people calling the shots want inflated numbers so they can use the emotions of the uninformed/misinformed to demand action.

BBob

WKR
so they can use the emotions of the uninformed/misinformed to demand action.
Exactly and why we have complete and total BS spewed by some in congress and leftist media. We can blow lungs out of bodies with a 9mm and now we have this. People will take this as fact and parrot it to all who will listen.
Rep Lucy BS.jpg