Rest choices - Schaffer XV

I'm new to archery and setting up a second bow. I was sold a Schaffer xv rest for my first bow and it seems like a great design for hunting but there is no info about them online. I'm just curious if there are any known hiccups possible with these to look out for or if a guy is better off with something like a hamskea hunter hybrid?

That test is cable driven. Do you want that? I have never used one but their are things I don't like about it. I love the Hamskea but if you want a rest similar to the Schaffer and still have limb driven, look at the G5 "C Max" I own one and love it too. I think it is the most underrated- not talked about rest note market.

Of course the QAD is a well proven test that also operates similarly - also cable driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
I like the idea but don't like the owners. I went to his shop a few months ago and was interested in trying one till he told me that it would cost and extra $100 to put it on.

Bughalli

WKR
When I bought my Mathews (new/package deal) it came with a Schaffer. I had just bought a QAD Rest 6 months earlier for my old bow and given the rest was brand new I put it on the new Mathews. Never used the Scaffer. Figured I would keep it for a backup bow, but I sold the old bow. The Scaffer has been sitting in the closet. Happy to sell it if interested. PM me if you are.