Rest for Satori

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
I want to play around with a rest on my Satori this off season, I've been shooting off the shelf. I go on Lancaster and they all look the same to me with a wide range of prices. Any suggestions on what has worked will be greatly appreciated. If you could be as specific as possible so I can search them.

Mudd Foot

WKR
My preference is felt rest and side plate as felt is quiet and easily replaced. Am using an Accutune plunger from The Push with the felt. Love the simple adjustability to dial in the accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHo

WKR
If you’re talking about an elevated rest, I prefer the AAE Free Flyte. I use it with a plunger in place of the spring blade that it comes with. I used it all last season for my backcountry mule deer and elk hunts without a hitch.

OP
U

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
This may be stupid, but what is a plunger, and what does it do? And yes looking to try an elevated rest. Have been shooting off the shelf.

Last edited:

FLS

WKR
NAP Center Rest.
Stupid simple and easy to set up
Durable, if you did manage to break one, replacements are inexpensive and take seconds to replace.
Inexpensive.
I’ve got a box full of rests on my bench, springy rests, AAEs, assorted plungers, 20+ years worth. For a hunting recurves with a threaded button hole, the center rest is tough to beat.

I use a Pat Norris springy rest on my Satori. The cheap one not the micro tune, it is bomb proof easily adjustable and it really helped my consistency. For my hunting setup I just slide a piece of heat shrink over the very end of it and it is dead silent on carbon or aluminum arrows. If you do go with a springy just for reference I am shooting 51lbs at 29 inches and I use the 25oz spring.

I’m running the Norris springy rest also, zero complaints. I’ve been running aae trad vanes 4x4 @ 90 also with no flight issues

jaypope

Lil-Rokslider
I’m shooting about 60@29? Would I go with a stiffer spring or about the same?

You need a 30 according to this

6babcc1fdecd3623eeb6d7ff726eee46.jpg

I’m shooting about 60@29? Would I go with a stiffer spring or about the same?
try a 25oz but you may need a 30oz. A lot of it depends on your release and how clean it is too. If you pluck bad or if you put a lot of down pressure on your arrow at release you will want a lighter spring for more forgiveness. Rememeber that you will need to trim it a little bit too. I run mine on the edge of too short but it will still hold an arrow if I tip my bow.
20201220_132837.jpg

OP
U

unchained

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Justin I’ll give it a shot. Did you take off the strike plate and just put some Velcro on there?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
If you’re talking about an elevated rest, I prefer the AAE Free Flyte. I use it with a plunger in place of the spring blade that it comes with. I used it all last season for my backcountry mule deer and elk hunts without a hitch.
Looking at this same thing right now - I've been using the Satori side module plate and rug on the shelf from 3-rivers, wihch is nice and super simple, quiet........is the main gain with these rest types the accuracy/tunability? Just curious to hear the advantages of jumping to something more mechanical on the bow, since currently debating if I want to go elevated rest or stick with the shelf. I blow through stick on rug material once a week it seems.....Thanks!

PHo

WKR
Looking at this same thing right now - I've been using the Satori side module plate and rug on the shelf from 3-rivers, wihch is nice and super simple, quiet........is the main gain with these rest types the accuracy/tunability? Just curious to hear the advantages of jumping to something more mechanical on the bow, since currently debating if I want to go elevated rest or stick with the shelf. I blow through stick on rug material once a week it seems.....Thanks!
For me the biggest advantages that I saw when going to an elevated rest was forgiveness and near perfect arrow fight. For me an elevated rest was a little bit more accurate in terms of being more forgiving so I can get away with making a few small mistakes here and there. The arrow flight was what really turned me over to shooting an elevated rest though, they just fly so much straighter than off the shelf, which to me means better penetration.

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
I really love my new simple spring rest from safari tuff, you might give that a try?