Retiring in a politically moderate community

Billinsd

WKR
Most moderates and Independents I know stand for plenty. They are just particular about who they share their views with, for the reason I cited in my original post.
To paraphrase you don't want to fly flags or get into yelling matches with lockstep Republicans or Democrats? My wife is extremely conservative and doesn't like Trump at all. She's completely against the Democrats in every way, though. She doesn't like to talk politics at all. she's not intense about politics like I am. I was wrong to say moderates don't stand for anything. They usually aren't real rigid and intense about what they stand for is more correct and by definition not partisan. For me individual liberty is EVERYTHING, the less the Government does the better. Give me politicians who will reduce the deficit, control entitlements for people and businesses, and military spending. Give me more freedom, less taxes, less regulations. That's who I'll vote for. I voted for a gay, Democrat for Sherriff against a jerk Republican over conceal carry. The Republican Bill Gore aka Ruby Ridge is against conceal carry and gun rights. His Democrat challenger said he would give conceal carry and was pro 2nd Amendment. Bill

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
The past 14 years the Right in the country has become as nuts as the left.
I couldn't disagree more. Who do you consider "the Right"? I think of Ted Cruz and Rand Paul in the Republican party. They're way out on the right. How are they crazy? Neither one likes to compromise. They are EXTREMELY STUBBORN AS HELL!! If you are calling Trump the Right, well he's not, he's a populist president. He's all over the place and yes, he's crazy. The left wants to destroy traditional America. They are behind the Marxist Black Lives Matter Organization, not the slogan. They want social justice, socialized medicine and are against religion. The Left is chaos. Yes, Trump the man is chaos, but the Republican party is not. Trump has done many conservative things, like judges and deregulation and pro business. He's in favor of eminent domain, crony Capitalism, choosing winners and losers in business and medeling too much in business to my chagrin. Oh and trying to go around Congess on the stimulus package, which is terrible!!! Bill

OP
Newtosavage
To paraphrase you don't want to fly flags or get into yelling matches with lockstep Republicans or Democrats? My wife is extremely conservative and doesn't like Trump at all. She's completely against the Democrats in every way, though. She doesn't like to talk politics at all. she's not intense about politics like I am. I was wrong to say moderates don't stand for anything. They usually aren't real rigid and intense about what they stand for is more correct and by definition not partisan. For me individual liberty is EVERYTHING, the less the Government does the better. Give me politicians who will reduce the deficit, control entitlements for people and businesses, and military spending. Give me more freedom, less taxes, less regulations. That's who I'll vote for. I voted for a gay, Democrat for Sherriff against a jerk Republican over conceal carry. The Republican Bill Gore aka Ruby Ridge is against conceal carry and gun rights. His Democrat challenger said he would give conceal carry and was pro 2nd Amendment. Bill
I have my reasons. Wasn't looking for validation or an argument. That should have been obvious from my first post.

I see good and bad parts to both party platforms. Unfortunately these days, that's more than a lot of the "with us or again' us" crowd can handle, so they go on the attack (references available above).

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
I have my reasons. Wasn't looking for validation or an argument. That should have been obvious from my first post.

I see good and bad parts to both party platforms. Unfortunately these days, that's more than a lot of the "with us or again' us" crowd can handle, so they go on the attack (references available above).
Well things are extremely polarized now. I see bad things on both platforms. I don't see anything good on the left. Traditional American values and lifestyle are under attack. You don't sound like you care about that or believe that and that's your opinion. Some here have a really big problem with that. They are scared. I'm very scared myself. Your views are a little annoying to me, but I like conversing with people I disagree with. People like you intrigue the hell out of me to be honest. You are hard for me to figure out. You are very different than me and similar in some ways. You absolutely have your right to your opinion. I sometimes think all is lost when on a hunting site there seems to be so many moderates. It does no good to fight or get angry. I prefer to plan for myself and my family for the future in constructive ways. I've completely changed living in liberal California. I feel a strong guttural instinct to get way from big cities to a more rural area. I'm thinking about myself and my family and preparing for the worst. California is lost and so soon will the US. However, it seems like a big percentage of the country is fine with that. I'm seeing on this forum for example that the country has changed too and California is just 5 or 10 years ahead of the country. I think of Charlston Heston finding the statue of liberty at the end of the planet of the apes.

Last edited:
OP
Newtosavage
Well things are extremely polarized now. I see bad things on both platforms. I don't see anything good on the left. Traditional American values and lifestyle are under attack. You don't sound like you care about that or believe that and that's your opinion. Some here have a really big problem with that. They are scared. I'm very scared myself. Your views are a little annoying to me, but I like conversing with people I disagree with. People like you intrigue the hell out of me to be honest. You are hard for me to figure out. You are very different than me and similar in some ways. You absolutely have your right to your opinion. I sometimes think all is lost when on a hunting site there seems to be so many moderates. It does no good to fight or get angry. I prefer to plan for myself and my family for the future in constructive ways. I've completely changed living in liberal California. I feel a strong guttural instinct to get way from big cities to a more rural area. I'm thinking about myself and my family and preparing for the worst. California is lost and so soon will the US. However, it seems like a big percentage of the country is fine with that. I'm seeing on this forum for example that the country has changed too and California is just 5 or 10 years ahead of the country. I think of Charlston Heston finding the statue of liberty at the end of the planet of the apes.
It seems you're putting words in people's mouths so you have something to argue against...

Not gonna play that game here. Sorry friend.

My views are very moderate and I see both good and bad things from either party. I can do that because I am not a party loyalist and IMO that sort of tribalism is what is wrong with this country.

Not sure why you find that annoying but that's your problem, not mine. Never said specifically what my positions are, so it's curious that you feel you have something to disagree with. (see my comments above about why moderates tend to keep their thoughts to themselves these days).

Besides, this thread is about politically moderate places to live. Not you or me.