retumbo

mt100gr.

WKR
I did a little shopping around last week and inquired about retumbo, h1000, and reloder 26 at a handful of retailers. A couple of which I have come to trust and personally consider 'in the know'. Again, this is a couple voices so keep that in mind.

RELODER 26 - "the unicorn right now" ....but one shop had actually just gotten 10 one pounders and 10 eight pounders. Allegedly sold out the same day. ....I'm guessing they had a list of guys to call if it ever showed up.

H1000 - "shows up in jerks and tugs" I have seen it recently, too.

RETUMBO - "be surprised if we see it again" not sure why but some dealers can't get it to even backorder now. Hodgdon won't say 'yay or nay' on the prospects.

All hearsay. I hope it's not the case though.

OP
T

Turner

Lil-Rokslider
I found some 1lb cans but they priced them at $39/can. if it's not gonna be available I will just have to accept that and start working up a new load.

I have 9 lbs I could part with. I switched my stuff to H1000 a few years ago. Whats it worth with the shortage?

OP
T

Turner

Lil-Rokslider
the hazmat fee/rules probably make it unfeasible to ship

Azone

WKR
I did a little shopping around last week and inquired about retumbo, h1000, and reloder 26 at a handful of retailers. A couple of which I have come to trust and personally consider 'in the know'. Again, this is a couple voices so keep that in mind.

RELODER 26 - "the unicorn right now" ....but one shop had actually just gotten 10 one pounders and 10 eight pounders. Allegedly sold out the same day. ....I'm guessing they had a list of guys to call if it ever showed up.

H1000 - "shows up in jerks and tugs" I have seen it recently, too.

RETUMBO - "be surprised if we see it again" not sure why but some dealers can't get it to even backorder now. Hodgdon won't say 'yay or nay' on the prospects.

All hearsay. I hope it's not the case though.

That's a bummer with the Retumbo. I just developed a pretty good load using it in my 7mag a few months ago. Certain production runs a few times of year? Uncle Sam? If I come across some I will definitely be purchasing as much as possible.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I tried to like Retumbo for my 7mag loads, but I never could find the accuracy I wanted in any load I tried. H1000 is just a little slower but accuracy is so much better compared to Retumbo in my gun.

OP
T

Turner

Lil-Rokslider
I thought about switching to h1000 but supply isn't much better.

Azone

WKR
I tried to like Retumbo for my 7mag loads, but I never could find the accuracy I wanted in any load I tried. H1000 is just a little slower but accuracy is so much better compared to Retumbo in my gun.

I'm using 73.0 grains of Retumbo behind a 160 SGK with a Federal 215 primer. I can't remember OAL off the top of my head but I have them pretty close to the lands.
I'm not hunting with these in CA, just blasting rocks and paper with them since they're cheaper than Barnes.

deadi

Lil-Rokslider
It would be interesting to know what really drivers or causes shortages of certain powders. Maybe manufacturing capacity or production cycles.

Bomberodevil

Lil-Rokslider
I saw in another post that a Hodgdon rep was at the SHOT show, and said the scarce powders (Retumbo, H1000, RL15) should be on the shelves by March or April. Said it was just a perfect storm of about 4-5 factors that caused the shortage. For what it’s worth...

Ranger619

WKR
I saw an 8lb. jug at Mel's in Spicer, MN yesterday if anyone is still looking for Retumbo.

Darn...I miss the days when Retumbo was on the shelves. I have a load that shoots really well with this stuff and I'm down to two pounds. Tough times ahead for me! I'm not sure where to go from here. Time to start over I suppose and find another powder that will vanish in a year or two!