Retumbo

Jhenn87

FNG
Looking for retumbo powder if anyone sees anything in stock! I appreciate it. I live in eastern pa specifically wind gap. Thanks

I don't think Retumbo has been in stock really anywhere in over a year.
Even when things were "back" I never saw retumbo on the shelves.
It is one of the absolute hardest to come by.
If you need it id just pay gunbroker

OP
J

Jhenn87

FNG
I don't think Retumbo has been in stock really anywhere in over a year.
Even when things were "back" I never saw retumbo on the shelves.
It is one of the absolute hardest to come by.
If you need it id just pay gunbroker
That’s what I’m scared of having to do 😂😂

2five7

WKR
Yep, retumbo has been Uber scarce even pre covid. Pay up, or try an alternative like H1000, 8133, etc. They won't be cheap, but you should be able to find some for sale.

Geewhiz

WKR
If your up for alternatives look into ramshot LRT. It seams to come available from time to time and is supposedly a good magnum powder at a pretty reasonable price. A little slower than retumbo I hear. I picked up a couple jugs from midsouth for the 338 rum but haven't had a chance to load anything up yet.

Mosby

WKR
My brother lives in PA and he went into a local gun shop and they had powder and ammo. Store was packed though. I think you would have a better chance with local stores than the internet right now.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure what you are loading for but I started with Retumbo. As it started to get scarce, I tried N570. I got better results with the N570 and have been able to buy it. I have bought 12 pounds of it since the shortage started. I have not seen Retumbo available anywhere. I am loading for a 300RUM.

CorbLand

WKR
I have found Retumbo in the last year but its been difficult and I have only found 2 pounds. Keep your eyes out and get it when you see it.

OP
J

Jhenn87

FNG
I'm not sure what you are loading for but I started with Retumbo. As it started to get scarce, I tried N570. I got better results with the N570 and have been able to buy it. I have bought 12 pounds of it since the shortage started. I have not seen Retumbo available anywhere. I am loading for a 300RUM.
I also loading for 300rum was gonna try h1000 and Norma urp. I can’t seem to find any of the n570 either

I really long for seeing everyone gouging to get rich off the shortages to just get stuck with it all, especially if the bought it to flip it. Primer pimps too. Bastages

OP
J

Jhenn87

FNG
Well, the going rate seems to be north of $100 per pound, so you could call that the current retail price. Like I said earlier, it won't be cheap, but it's available.
I got 4 lbs of Nora urp last week from powder valley and it was 177.90 that was after hazmat, taxes, and shipping

CorbLand

WKR
I really long for seeing everyone gouging to get rich off the shortages to just get stuck with it all, especially if the bought it to flip it. Primer pimps too. Bastages
The shelf live is to long for powder and primers to really get burned. If you pay normal pricing for it and try to flip it, the worst that can happen to you is get stuck with powder that you can use over the next 10 years.