Rev-HOLE-ation? Is this for real?

Loper

WKR
I've been doing some research on sleep systems and recently found my way onto Enlightened Equipment's website. Down at the very bottom of the quilts and sleeping bags page appeared to be a rather humorous thumbnail with the title Rev-HOLE-ation. Intrigued, I clicked it and saw a person with the most bizarre looking apparatus wrapped him. The guy modeling this "garment" looks thrilled to be wearing it, like he just lost bet and this was the consequence. I clicked through image carousel and the pictures continued entertain me as it just shows a laid out quilt with a hole in the center (feel free to use your imagination on that one). I kept scrolling down looking for the phrase Aprils Fools and even hit Ctrl+F to search for the words but it wasn't found.

Rev-HOLE-ation 1.pngRev-HOLE-ation 2.png

theres a whole world of multi function poncho/woobie/ quilt contraptions out there. if you spend any time with watchin the bush crafters on youtubes youd be amazed. i like to play with gear and tried a few. the Onewind topquilt and Swagman they kinda work but not for me... maybe great to leave in the car for emergencies but now i have a back seat full lol...

Maverick1

WKR
I've been doing some research on sleep systems and recently found my way onto Enlightened Equipment's website. Down at the very bottom of the quilts and sleeping bags page appeared to be a rather humorous thumbnail with the title Rev-HOLE-ation. Intrigued, I clicked it and saw a person with the most bizarre looking apparatus wrapped him. The guy modeling this "garment" looks thrilled to be wearing it, like he just lost bet and this was the consequence. I clicked through image carousel and the pictures continued entertain me as it just shows a laid out quilt with a hole in the center (feel free to use your imagination on that one). I kept scrolling down looking for the phrase Aprils Fools and even hit Ctrl+F to search for the words but it wasn't found.

View attachment 286340View attachment 286341
Thinking about picking one up for your wife for Mother’s Day?

OP
L

Loper

WKR
theres a whole world of multi function poncho/woobie/ quilt contraptions out there.
I've never heard of woobie before. Just had to look that up.

You've obviously never seen a Serape from HPG or any of the million clones of it
I have not. I just googled it and watched a video on youtube for one. It looks interesting and functional. The video I saw does a much job explaining its use and how to arrange it than the videos on Enlightened Equipment's site.

Thinking about picking one up for your wife for Mother’s Day?
Haha.....starting to consider it. We'd have some fun with it.

I'm relatively new to backcountry hunting, so I guess when I saw it I didn't understand the functionality behind it and some of the images made me chuckle. Upon a mroe detailed review it seems like this definitely has its benefits, especially for glassing.