revalation x 20* long wide

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
played with the pad attachment straps a little. actually a pretty good design, I will have to experiment with what works best for me. if really cold I would defiantly go with the straps around my body to assure no drafts, but in warmer weather this could be a good option for keeping the bag put while you toss and turn.

Attachments

• pad attachment 001.jpg
    pad attachment 001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 239
  • pad attachment 002.jpg
    pad attachment 002.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 246
  • pad attachment 003.jpg
    pad attachment 003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 257
  • pad attachment 006.jpg
    pad attachment 006.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 271
  • pad attachment 007.jpg
    pad attachment 007.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 272
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
other side, attached after I was in the bag. easily done. and these straps really would work on any pad. lots of adjustment

Attachments

• pad attachment 013.jpg
    pad attachment 013.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 278
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
and heres some with me in the bag. 6'5" and hovering just under 250 this off season. Ill get back down to 240 during spring bear I reckon

Attachments

• pad attachment 008.jpg
    pad attachment 008.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 419
  • pad attachment 010.jpg
    pad attachment 010.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 464

Nordic

FNG
Thanks for the review.
I have a question.
If you first use the straps around the pad and then attach the bag to the straps, do you choose if you want to attach the bag to the edge of the pad or further in on the pad? Can you lock it where you want it or does it slide along the pad-straps?
I hope yo understand what I mean.

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
i think I do. you can slide the buckles any where on the straps. funny I really hadn't thought of that. but that I suppose would be the better way top use the pad attachment, put the buckles further in thus keeping the quilt tucked under your body and attached to the pad. funny how sometimes we can miss the obvious

Nordic

FNG
I would like to use the pad straps so I can toss around and keep the quilt in place. I toss around a lot... :) Mostly sleeping on stomach or side.
Ok you can slide them, but can you lock them in place? That would be nice if it's cold and you want it tucked in close to you.
If you look at the Katabaticgear quilt you can choose if it's going to slide or be locked in place.

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
they "lock" into place with tension on the strap, much like a belt. they are pretty secure when you place them and you have to give a good tug to adjust. so I don't think they will slide around on you at night. but field testing will tell. as far as noise its a pretty quiet material and has a nice soft feel to it as well.

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
these pics may help

Attachments

• pad attachment 003.jpg
    pad attachment 003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 181
  • pad attachment 012.jpg
    pad attachment 012.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 204

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
i wear a kifaru wool beanie to sleep in. i never used the hood on a mummy bag anyway. im to tall for most and all it would do is stretch the bag over my feet. this thing however i could pull over my head easy while sleeping on my side. (im a side sleeper any how)

Nice review...This quilt is on my radar. What size guy are you?

In my research I see a lot of people that get these overstuffed past the 20% they already do. 30 degree with 30% overstuff type thing. Did you happen to discuss this with Tim when ordering?

Great review and definitely help demystify the quilt. Looks like solid quality stuff, just what I need another item on the want list.

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
im 6'5" 245# I talked to Tim about the over stuff. his reply was on the old models this was a bigger deal, now he already overstuffs the quilts 20% and with the new baffles for 2013 its really not necessary unless its just something you want. the more I handle this quilt the more I see that it is plenty of down and lots of loft. I have now doubts about the 20* rating. for me being a pretty warm sleeper I think I could take this thing in the single digits no problem, and warmer weather it will be in blanket mode no doubt, I think I could use this as a blanket into the low 40's but everybody's going to have a different comfort level no doubt

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
Great review and definitely help demystify the quilt. Looks like solid quality stuff, just what I need another item on the want list.

in my research I found it real hard to find these types of detailed pics on quilts like this. so I wanted to put them up for others looking at this option. im glad its helping

Trevor, remember when Branden brought up quilts on another website and people were scoffing at him right n left? Glad to see people are a lot more receptive to the idea now!

Mike

TJ

WKR
ill follow up after my night in the yard. going to sleep just how i would hunting. beanie, long johns and merino socks. hopping it gets cold. it should i can see snow from my yard

Thanks for the review. I'll be interseted in your thoughts after a night or two in the cold.
I've really been thinking about getting one like yours in the 0* range.

Keep us posted.

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
Trevor, remember when Branden brought up quilts on another website and people were scoffing at him right n left? Glad to see people are a lot more receptive to the idea now!

Mike

oh I recall. I got the same thing just not has harsh. just the off hand comment about how much a zipper weighs. to each there own. if you can cut one once off 16 items in you pack, guess what,you just dropped a pound

and heres some with me in the bag. 6'5" and hovering just under 250 this off season. Ill get back down to 240 during spring bear I reckon

Don't you hate when your feet hang off the pad? I'm 6'4 and have a torso Zlite and I just put my pack under my feet. I found that to fix the problem of cold feet.