revalation x 20* long wide

littlebuf

Banned
quilt showed up today in the time frame Tim gave me, 3 weeks. I like to do business with company's that stick to there word such as Enlightened Equipment and kifaru (2 examples) they are honest with there shipping and stand behind there products. the owner of EE contacted me personally when I ordered (via email) and then took the time to correspond on a few follow up emails with some question's I had. top it off with a made in America product and im a happy customer. im big on proper packaging for shipping and the quilt showed up in good shape

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 001.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 001.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 540
  • rev x 20 long wide 002.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 660
  • Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
out of the box in the supplied stuff sack was 26.5 oz . and in the supplied stuff sack I wouldn't call it super compact but certainly not huge. this stuff sack would work well for a quick trip where you don't have much gear going in the pack. I will be using a kifaru 5 string but more on that in a minute

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 004.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 004.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 356
  • rev x 20 long wide 003.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 003.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 390

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Revelation 10 degree! Tim was great to work with when I ordered mine and it shipped faster than he quoted me. I'd buy from Tim again any time!

• Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
initial impressions out of the box, honestly they were wow this thing looks good. Tim makes these when you order them so you get to pick the color and options on your quilt. and no matter what we say were all kinda chicks when it comes to our super cool gear (no offense meant to the chicks on this board) but this quilt really is built well. the reason these are at the price point they are is because the fabric is supposedly astatic rejects or seconds. so he gets it at a better price and passes that saving on to you. really he didn't have to, you cant see any flaws in this fabric. I went with olive green outside and olive brown inside. makes me feel all special forces so that's neat

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 005.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 005.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 638
  • rev x 20 long wide 006.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 006.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 618
  • rev x 20 long wide 007.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 007.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 542
  • Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
guess I forgot to mention the straps in that last post. ill cover those here. the rev x comes with two sets of straps, 20" a foot box zipper and three snaps above the foot box for closing around your legs. I really like that the straps clip on, giving me the option of what I want to use or not with out having to cut stuff off. I can simply unsnap them. one set of straps are for attaching to your sleeping pad. I haven't really played with how yet and don't really think that's the route I will go with this quilt. the other set is for connecting one side of the quilt to the other as I have shown and have a huge amount of adjustment in them. in testing I found I like just the top strap behind my shoulders. as its easy to snap and adjust and keeps the quilt wrapped nicely around me. I was able to roll on my side inside the quilt with ease and stayed covered up nicely. the foot box and snaps are also a really nice design. again giving a lot of flexibility on configurations. when zipped up and all three snaps done up your legs are fully wrapped but theres still plenty of room to move around. I wear a size 13 and have some pretty long legs at 6'5" and I fit in this thing with a ton of room to spare, could easily pull it up over my eyes before I felt any stretch on my feet.the snap and draw string at the top are well designed also. very easy to snap and adjust from a laying position and again keep the quilt nicly formed around you while moving

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 008.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 008.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 454
  • rev x 20 long wide 011.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 011.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 474
  • rev x 20 long wide 010.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 010.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 460
  • rev x 20 long wide 015.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 015.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 502
  • rev x 20 long wide 017.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 017.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 451
  • Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
snap and draw sting at neck opening

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 018.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 018.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
on to size. this thing laid out is huge. here it is next to a full length zlite. this is the long wide version and it certainly is that. but still only 26oz. very impressive. warm doesn't begin to describe this thing. sure i was inside but you can feel the heat this quilt provides. ill be sleeping in the yard this weekend and last night it was 32 at my house. should be a good test. great loft as well and very soft feel to the quilt, i look forward to some very cozy nights in this thing. also the down appears to be of the upmost quality, i just got it but i cant feel or see a feather in the bag when held up to the light. ive heard this echoed on other reviews of EE's quilts that there fill is pretty much all down

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 014.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 014.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 485
  • rev x 20 long wide 019.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 019.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 438
  • rev x 20 long wide 020.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 020.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 413
  • Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
on to pack ability. this thing packed into a kifaru medium 5 string stuff sack in like 20 seconds. easies bag i ever packed and there was room to spare. as you can see the strings are bottomed out. i think it would fit in a small 5 string and i may buy one on my next kifaru order. very pleased with that. a little heavier with the kifaru bag at 29.1oz but remember this is a 20* long wide bag! and i can get that in a small 5 string at under 30oz! that's just the ticket for me. the loft shown is right out of being compressed. gave it a couple shakes and watched it grow, very nice.that weight by the way is with the one strap i plan on using in the sack with the quilt.

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 021.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 021.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 439
  • rev x 20 long wide 022.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 022.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 355
  • rev x 20 long wide 023.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 023.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 380
  • rev x 20 long wide 024.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 024.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 320
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
surprised their website doesnt show more of that foot box, thats pretty sweet how it goes blanket to foot box...

heres a good close up of the foot box draw string. i really like the snap they incorporated. Its sure not to come open on you in the middle of the night

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 012.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 012.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 401
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
another nice little perk was no extra cost for a storage sack. and its a nice one at that. this quilt long/wide 20* with stuff sack and hanging storage bag was 240 to my door. i couldn't find another one of this caliber/weight or temp rating for anywhere close. if you guys want different pics or info let me know. ill throw um up here (gives me a chance to play with my super cool new gear)

Attachments

• rev x 20 long wide 025.jpg
    rev x 20 long wide 025.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 334
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
if any of you mods know how to make my pics bigger in the post please feel free to edit and blow them up for me. i can only seem to be able to post these types that you have to open

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
ill follow up after my night in the yard. going to sleep just how i would hunting. beanie, long johns and merino socks. hopping it gets cold. it should i can see snow from my yard

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
i wear a kifaru wool beanie to sleep in. i never used the hood on a mummy bag anyway. im to tall for most and all it would do is stretch the bag over my feet. this thing however i could pull over my head easy while sleeping on my side. (im a side sleeper any how)

DWarcher

WKR
That's a sweet bag that looks like it just might be the ticket for a side sleeper like myself.

Keep it coming...great review so far!