Reveal SK by Tactacam - End of Sept Release Date

Hunting Gear Deals

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just in case you're interested, the Reveal SK by Tactacam is scheduled to be released tomorrow.

Tactacam Reveal SK in stock.jpg

If you're looking for a Reveal SK, the link above should help you locate one. Who knows if Tactacam is still on schedule for 9/1 but I've been following the Tactacam craze since last year and hopefully they'll have enough available to meet the demand.

Also, if you're looking for the Reveal X by Tactacam, several major online retailers have them in stock this morning.

Tactacam-Reveal-X-Cellular-Camera-In-Stock.jpeg

Grumman

WKR
Thanks for posting I have been trying to find a Reveal in stock and now have one ordered. I will try to snag an SK when they release also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hunting Gear Deals

Hunting Gear Deals

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks like smoke and mirrors. Unfortunately, the SK won't be out until the end of the month at the earliest. I'll update you later

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider

Grumman

WKR
I bought a couple of the Reveal X models. They have been fantastic. Looking forward to the new release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
My X is just decent, the only saving grace is it’s cheap. Good cam to put in spot that it might get pinched. Otherwise I am not all that impressed

Grumman

WKR
What specifically don’t you like about it Trial?

Cabelas has the Reveal X in stock currently if anyone needs one.

Trial153

WKR
What specifically don’t you like about it Trial?

Cabelas has the Reveal X in stock currently if anyone needs one.

Uploads are just passable unless you pay for HD. Some of the day light pictures with foliage in the background really are very pixilated . The sensor coming from the left seems to be slow. Night pictures of the subject is fairly close are good but further out they blur a bit.
All in all it okay for the price but nothing special. It’s good cam for places your worried about it being pinched .

OP
Hunting Gear Deals

Hunting Gear Deals

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Still waiting to hear when the Reveal SK will be available to the public. Shipping dates continue to be postponed.

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
Uploads are just passable unless you pay for HD. Some of the day light pictures with foliage in the background really are very pixilated . The sensor coming from the left seems to be slow. Night pictures of the subject is fairly close are good but further out they blur a bit.
All in all it okay for the price but nothing special. It’s good cam for places your worried about it being pinched .
Also not a huge fan how if you have Tactacam on a trail, you are likely only getting 1 picture because it takes awhile for the camera to save / send before you get another - better hope nothing is in the way on the first!

Trial153

WKR
Also not a huge fan how if you have Tactacam on a trail, you are likely only getting 1 picture because it takes awhile for the camera to save / send before you get another - better hope nothing is in the way on the first!

Like this buck. Sucks yea
4e6d734fb8a3599c709f7784393fa638.jpg

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
Like this buck. Sucks yea
4e6d734fb8a3599c709f7784393fa638.jpg
EXACTLY - I would be willing to bet this is your only picture of him? Very frustrating.

Especially as the rut comes up, usually I will get a picture of a doe, then if I am lucky a picture of a butt of another deer as it leaves the frame. So could be a monster buck for all I know.

Thinking about changing to video, that way I see everything - granted that does not send to the phone and forces me to pull all the cards

Trial153

WKR
EXACTLY - I would be willing to bet this is your only picture of him? Very frustrating.

Especially as the rut comes up, usually I will get a picture of a doe, then if I am lucky a picture of a butt of another deer as it leaves the frame. So could be a monster buck for all I know.

Thinking about changing to video, that way I see everything - granted that does not send to the phone and forces me to pull all the cards

Agree, that’s all I go. not trilled with that aspect of it. Seems like the Frame is narrow all your going to get is one picture

OP
Hunting Gear Deals

Hunting Gear Deals

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
UPDATE: We are looking at early to mid-November for a release date. I'll keep you posted as I find out more details.

Skinl19

FNG
If you have the camera set to timely, then it's possible to miss some of the photos because the camera is tied up processing the photo to send. Instead, set it to once or twice a day and you should get more pictures. That may not work for your needs but I set mine to 5:00am and 1:00pm. I use those times to give me an idea of where I might go hunt in the morning or afternoon after I receive the photos.

OP
Hunting Gear Deals

Hunting Gear Deals

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Update: The Reveal website shows that they've released the SK but I haven't seen it available yet. Still says sold out. I'll keep everyone posted as it becomes available.

I have one that’s supposed to be waiting for me at home today when I get out of the tree stand. Bought it from Cabelas on Thursday morning.

Got mine from cabelas over the weekend. Don't think I would have bought it if I knew it only runs off the rechargeable battery and doesn't have AA backup like other solar trail cams. The other concern is that they run the charging cord from solar to battery externally with a plug that would be easily unplugged or damaged by something (bears for example) rubbing on it.

Also, you need to charge the battery but they don't provide a damn cord to charge it with. Luckily the cord that came with a spypoint solar cam worked or I would have had to track down a charging cord. Busch league, Tactacam.

Anyone know the battery capacity in mAh?

Negatives aside, It's $179 for a solar cell cam that can transmit video. I shouldn't expect it to be comparable to $300 cell cams without solar..