Revic Ops App

tak

WKR
My question is this:
Is there a way I can figure out my down range velocity and energy based of the elevation adjustment and starting velocity?

I've been using the revic ops app for a few months. The dope has been unbelievably accurate. Maybe it's just lucky for my gun or whatnot but the "Doppler BC" for 140gr ELDM has been more accurate than everything else I've ever used in the past including applied ballistics.
I emailed them and asked if they were using 4DOF and I got a short one liner response saying they were not using Hornady 4DOF. I guess they are using their own Doppler readings. I do think it may over-estimate aerodynamic jump and spin drift, but I probably can't discern that based on my shooting and I generally leave that off for hunting scenarios anyway.

I love the simplicity of the app, but the simplicity comes with several limitations.
- I can't see any sort of ballistic chart with data for all ranges.
- The elevation and windage adjustments are in tenths and not hundredths. I guess it's okay that it rounds for you, but it would be kind of nice to know where you stand on the in-between adjustments.
-There is no impact velocity or energy calculation.

Bottom line is the app is crazy accurate for me so far. I'll also be trying it for the 175gr ELDX in a 280AI, and they have a Doppler BC for that projectile as well, so I'm hoping it's just as accurate. I can't quite bring myself to buy the BR4 just yet since I normally like my ranging binos. I don't really want two units, but I may just get them if their Doppler is as accurate for the 175's also.

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
Revic offers the BLR10B range finding bino with the same solver program as the BR4.

OP
tak

tak

WKR
Thanks for the responses,
The ballistics chart with velocity didn't exist a couple years ago when I posted that