Review: Cold Case Gear Electronics Case

Poser

WKR
This is a start up out of Pagosa Springs, CO using Aerogel insulation, which is starting to show up in some OR products: X gaiters, Gloves, Camp booties etc. The material was originally developed by Primaloft for a NASA contract.

62ceaf5809e2489b165d1da6b77db4ec.jpg

The idea behind this case was to offer a electronics protective solution that addresses both the cold and moisture. As we had a particularly cold first rifle, I finally got a chance to test these out for multiple days. I did not use the pouch as a phone case since I keep my phone in my pocket for access to navigation and pics, but I did store my Anker battery + spare headlamp and range finder batteries in one case and my Spot X Messenger in the 2nd case. I slept with both inside my bag and otherwise let the cases soak up some sun when convenient and also blew a single hot breathe into the cases every so often throughout the day. As I was in testing mode, I checked my electronics several times a day. While I wouldn’t say the batteries were ever “warm” to the touch, they certainly weren’t cold to the touch at any point. Despite the colder than average temps, battery life remained in normal operating range for the entire 8 days we were out.

Going forward, I think this case will prove useful for cold weather, spending time on the river etc. maybe even for keeping snickers bars from melting during the summer months. I reached out the owner and he gave me a code to use for Rokslide: HUNTWCCG

*I am not affiliated with this brand but I do know the owner.

557dc2e5722acbbfa323c1288dfcce98.jpg