Review: SynMat UL 9, by William Hanson, Rokslide Moderator

buck34

FNG
I know it is now 2019 and may not get any replies to this post but are you guys still using the quilts and sleeping pads mentioned in this thread? If yes or no could you please tell me why no. Also any other brands available now that are just as good or better? I am looking for lot of new/used gear to replace very, very old and damaged or broken stuff and for grand kids that are into hiking, camping and hunting the backcountry too, am very interested in what was said way back in 2017 on this thread. thanks

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
I know it is now 2019 and may not get any replies to this post but are you guys still using the quilts and sleeping pads mentioned in this thread? If yes or no could you please tell me why no. Also any other brands available now that are just as good or better? I am looking for lot of new/used gear to replace very, very old and damaged or broken stuff and for grand kids that are into hiking, camping and hunting the backcountry too, am very interested in what was said way back in 2017 on this thread. thanks

While I can't answer for others on here, I have a buddy who just purchased a second SynMat Winter HL to have, just in case. I'd imagine most people here are still running the same mat in most cases depending on the their trip.

Shrek

WKR
I’m still happy with mine. So much so that I just purchased a second Synmat ul9 lw on close out. They don’t make them anymore so I grabbed it when I had the chance.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m still happy with mine. So much so that I just purchased a second Synmat ul9 lw on close out. They don’t make them anymore so I grabbed it when I had the chance.
I'll give you $25, and pay shipping :)

swanny

Lil-Rokslider

It's still made, it's just had a name and color change compared to the original review of the yellow mat. It's now the SynMat UL Winter or SynMat HL Winter (HL=mummy).

Shrek

WKR
It's still made, it's just had a name and color change compared to the original review of the yellow mat. It's now the SynMat UL Winter or SynMat HL Winter (HL=mummy).
That’s good to know they’re still made. I’m happy with my close out old yellow model for $110 to my door. They’re great pads for comfort and warmth. I’m thinking the new model specs slightly lighter but I’m not positive. The 3.5” depth keeps me from bottoming out without making the pad as hard as a rock.