Revolver carry on Mystery Ranch

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a holster for my Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag with 5 inch barrel. I hunt and hike in fringe grizz territory. I know that Mystery Ranch makes a revolver holster for their packs but from my understanding and some research it sounds like this gun won’t fit. I would like a holster to attach to the hip belt of the pack as I hate the drop leg holster I use now. I can’t find anything with molle attachment. Maybe I need to save my money and get a 10mm. I know I can get a holster to fit for that. I have checked older threads here and not found much help. Thanks.

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Mollie adapter from Jimmy Tarps. I use one with a regular belt holster for my 6" GP100 on my Kifaru pack belt.

gbflyer

WKR
Kenai Chest holster from Gunfighters, Inc. I wear my 5.5 inch Blackhawk Bisley with a pack all the time. No issues whatsoever.

wseidel

WKR
I would second the idea of looking into the Kenai Chest Holster. I use one with my MR Pintler and the nice thing it is still on your chest when your pack is off - such as when you're field dressing an animal. I've also tried a thigh rig which worked OK but I prefer the chest holster because the handgun is right where you need it in an emergency. Hope this helps...

OP
J

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies. Never thought about a chest holster. Does it get in the way of your binos?