Revolver holster for bino harness (FHF and Diamond D chimera)

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have had Diamond D chest holsters for both my revolvers for years. My wife really likes the chest holsters, but I have found I consistently prefer a belt holster as I find it more comfortable during prolonged use. It is possible this is just due to how a where the chest holster, but I also don’t like having the Diamond D chest holster strap on my shoulder, bino harness straps over it, and pack shoulder straps over that. The holster sold by FHF looked nice, but does not work for the gun I want to carry.
20210410_071848.jpg
Every modification had to be reversible so I can get the original function out of both the bino harness and the chest holster if desired. While I did cut the plastic D-rings off the chest holster, it would be easy to reattach the original straps to it if desired.

20210410_071908.jpg
The single gait keeper was raided from a set of Exo Mountain lid straps (the ones for the 1800, I use them to attach a lid when only using the crib load panel). I ordered some from Tom Bihn, however they where not the same quality as the Dura Flex ones Exo uses. This replaced on of the D-rings on the holster.

20210410_072045.jpg
I had already cut the side relies buckle off the left side of the FHF bino harness and replaced it with a ladder lock. When I had done this I had carefully cut the attachment bar at an angle so I could reuse the buckle. While it took some effort as the leather was quite stiff, I was able to put this on the holster in place of the D-ring I removed.

20210410_072113.jpg20210410_072123.jpg
I used metal triglids for the decreased bulk to marry the holster torso strap to the back of the bino harness. I tried it with the strap just wrapping around my torso, but found it did not carry the holster how I wanted. This set up works very well.

20210410_072253.jpg

Tower

FNG
Looks great. Did you try contacting the company that makes the holsters for FHF (Razco) about having one made for your specific revolver?

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks great. Did you try contacting the company that makes the holsters for FHF (Razco) about having one made for your specific revolver?

I did not even think about contacting them. However, a quick look at their site shows a should have looked deeper into them as they make binoharness holsters for big revolvers, including the Ruger Super Redhawk. For some reason I thought they only made them for semiautomatics.