Revolver Pack Holster

Hi all,
I know that this has been discussed at length on certain threads here but wanted to ask a few follow up questions. I have a S&W 329PD (44mag) and was curious as to recommendations for hip belt recommendations. Ive tried carrying on/under/around my AGC bino harness but it just feels like too much on my chest. I'm aware of the pros in carrying off of the harness, it just isnt for me. I'm currently looking at the MR quick draw holster as well as the AGC holster. Does anyone have any recommendations between these two or another comparable? My pack is a MR Metcalf. Thanks in advance for the help.

I looked at that MR Quick Draw for my 10mm and the securing strap is attached by velcro... just looked suspect to me.

I'm running the MR Bino Harness and have their Bear Spray holster attached under .... but want the gun on my pack. Like you I think the gun on my chest would be too much.

Wrench

WKR
I've used a pancake for mine and attached to the sternum strap on my pack.

deadwolf

WKR
Diamond D leather, while famous for their chest holster, makes a great belt holster for revolvers as well. I have one for my Ruger red hawk super Alaskan and it is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnkid85

WKR
I would run a kydex paddle holster of some kind or possibly a teklok. That way its easy to pull it off your pack and slip into your pants belt when your not wearing your pack.
I do think there is something to say for carrying on your hip, if that's the way you carry and train otherwise.

mcseal2

WKR
I also like the Diamond D leather holsters, very well made from stout leather without being to heavy. The one I have for a 6" S&W 357 weighs 7.3oz. Razco will make a kydex holster also. I got a kydex paddle holster from Razco to fit my G20 with a Streamlight TLR-1 light attached but they make revolver holsters too. The G20 paddle holster from them weighs 6.3oz.

If I get my G20 shooting the hardcast well and it gets to go to AK next year I'll take both the Razco holster that attaches to my FHF bino harness, and the paddle holster. I think there may be times around camp or fishing that I don't want my binos but want the handgun. Several of my pants like my Kuiu Yukon rain pants have a built in belt so I won't be able to use a belt holster. The paddle holster works with anything including the pack hip belt. If not I'll probably get the same pair of holsters for my Sig 1911 10mm and take it.

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
I have the MR quick draw holster and I like a lot of things about it. I have dragged it through some pretty rough brush and have not had a problem with the velcro securing strap coming undone. It is easily adapts to multiple belts quickly so you can remove it and put it back on without to much work. My problem is that the bottom of the holster is open. My pistol sits snug in the holster in the house and the end of the barrel is flush with the bottom of the holster but when Im hiking with it it will work its way down another half inch or so exsposing the end of my barrel. I have considered adding a bottom piece to it but have not yet. Right now I just tape my barrel so I dont have to worry about it everytime I take off my pack that I dont fill the barrel with dirt or mud.

swede8200

FNG
Simply Rugged makes a nice pancake holser. I've carried my 686 on numerous trips on my belt and with their chest harness setup.

Check out the Bianchi Universal Military Holster. Made for autos but know a few guys that use them on 329's and it fits. The molle snap fits over the hip belt or it has a slot for on the pants carry.