Revolver Recommendations

robtattoo

WKR
Ruger Sp101 is really nice. I would recommend getting it in 357, that way she could shoot the 38's, and still have the capability of shooting a 357 as well.

Who is 'she'?
He's talking about a bear sidearm for himself. Did you read the post at all?

My preference of the 2 would be a 4 or 5½" .44mag (I like the stainless Blackhawk myself) in a well fitted chest rig. I wouldn't say it's 'unnoticeable' but it's certainly manageable & unobtrusive to carry.

Muttly

WKR
For a range toy, skys the limit.
For a defensive gun, a good fit, something that is in alignment with your natural point of aim, every time, that's the limiting factor for me.
And that will likely dictate caliber selection to a certain extent.
Normally carry a 5" S&W 629, 44 Mag. Run 310 grain hardcast flat nose bullets, AA#9 instead of 110, just a little bit softer shooting..
If you run a Super Redhawk, 454 is an easy answer if you reload. You can run 45 Colt through it, mild to wild. Work your way into the full house 454 rounds gradually.

Gotten rid of a few nice guns that just didn't line up for me, keep coming back to a Smith with Hogue grips. Ain't as sexy as some of the ones I sent down the road, but it fits.

Woodrow F Call

Lil-Rokslider
I like .454 Casull. I like .45 Caliber. You can also get bunny fart cowboy action rounds in .45 Colt or go the wrath of god route in .454 Casull..... plus anything in between.