RFI Weatherby Rifles

I am developing an itch for a lightweight 300 win mag. I had been thinking about some other brands but a Weatherby model recently caught my eye ( on a recent meat eater episode Of all places so color me a fanboy).

the Mark V weathermark LT is under 6# sub moa and seems to have a street price around $1600

i haven’t seen many of their guns and have never shot one.

anyone have an experience with them that they may care to share.

OP
Desk Jockey
Don’t look like that one comes in 300 Win Mag.
Hmmm. I misread the odd proprietary caliber selections and thought they had a win mag in there. That’s a deal breaker for me. I am a straight down the fairway guy when it comes to calibers. If my Local shops don’t carry at least something it can shoot then it is a no go for me. Maybe that is one reason these guns aren’t more popular.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I own several Weatherby rifles, including a vintage Mark 5 (what would now be the Deluxe) chambered in 7mm Weatherby Magnum. It shoots about .6 MOA with my hand loads using 160 grain Nosler Accubond bullets. Mine has never seen a single round of factory ammo since I have owned it. Brass is expensive.

I own two other rifles in 300 Win Mag, and I am thinking of getting a 300 Weatherby.

That said, if you don't hand load, I would avoid the Weatherby calibers. Factory ammo is expensive and hard to find. If you do hand load, they are excellent.