Rhino LineX..... are any of the home apply products any good?

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Got a nice trailer aluminum to pull behind my ATV. Rhino and LineX want $450-$550 to spray inside box! Not happening. Are any of the do-it-yourself products any good. Many years ago I used one of them from the local farm and fleet and it peeled off rather quickly. Thanks for feedback

Randle

WKR
I have used the Napa bedliner spray and roll on with great success. Clean and prep properly and apply in thin coats with good dry times in between..

Geewhiz

WKR
I tried herculiner on a plate bumper I made and followed the directions perfectly. Yes I did the prep work. Adhesion was good but I cannot say I would use it again. Became dull and chalky within 2 yrs and started to rust through in spots even though there seamed to be no holes or cracks in the finish.

Get the raptor kit and gun! I Sprayed my whole 97 tacoma and topper in it took 2 kits and its been holding up great!

Baddog

WKR
I bought some commercial grade stuff from the auto paint store before, worked very well but It’ll cost you half the price you were quoted and take a day to do. I’d pay the pros or not do it unless your time ain’t worth much.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I used herculiner on my truck bed.

It came out fine but a full Sunday and black paint on me for 2 weeks wasn't worth it. I'd just pay the pros next time.

If your talking wood go to a home paint store.
A real store, miller etc where commercial guys buy stuff.
I believe you want the floor epoxy and sand to mix in for grip.
My brother did his trailer yrs ago, still looks good.
Bedliner is meant to adhere to metal.
Raptor is the only diy kit I've seen turn out. And I think those were all done by experienced dudes.

come2elmo

WKR
I used linerextreme on a dune buggy 16 years ago and it looks brand New. Also just did my hunting trailer in it this summer and just as good so far.

rayporter

WKR
i know you want to DIY but,

i had it done by them in 2 trucks and a horse trailer. the trailer has been back to them twice to be patched. they do it for free. prep is important and on aluminum more so. plus the horses are rough on it. no complaints. just sayin.