Rice Barrels BIG .50 Cal at 1,200 Yards, 3 Consecutive Hits on Steel

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
I got my BIG .50 Cal on Steel at 1,200 YARDS this morning, 3 Consecutive Hits on my 20” Plate 👍

The Video

My Rifle, Rice Barrel Co. 32” inch 1:24 Twist .50 Cal Barrel, In a TC Hawken Stock, Lee Shaver Long Range Soule Tang Sight, and Lee Shaver front sight (non adjustable) With Lee Shaver inserts

QfwUj30.jpg

Bullets, I chose my 610 Grain BACO Grease Groove for this Shoot (Mold i had Made) I cast these of Certified 1-20 Alloy, Lubed with my “Modified“ Bullshop NASA Lube

Mbu7mve.jpg

Back when i Chronographed this Load

tDBW7mK.jpg

Ranged with my Leica 1600B Rangefinder, and Google Earth Shot in Yards, This is a TRUE 1,200 YARDS

OSXFxjs.jpg

A look from my Rifle, That is a VERY small Target with Open/Peep Sights for this Kind of Distance, My Entire Target (White Backing) is ONLY 3 Ft By 3Ft Square. My Steel Plate is 20 inch Square, 1/2” AR500 Plate, It weighs 60 Pounds

iUhKZmd.jpg

My 3 Consecutive Hits, Shots Number 3 & 4 are Very visible, 5th and Final Shot Just Cuts the Right side of the Plate

nfd5JYI.jpg

5th and final Shot up Close, Cuts the edge of the plate, exits the Cardboard Backing

00NuFQp.jpg

What I could find of my Bullets, Even at 1,200 Yards They stil hit with SERIOUS authority!! They are Splattered to Pieces

nGQhg3N.jpg

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
You get mad respect from me. I really want to build one of these. Fantastic work.

Look for a .54 Cal TC Hawken Stock (The .54 Hawken is a 1” Barrel Channel, the .45 & 50 Hawken’s are 15/16” Barrel Channels, or a TC Renegade (All Renegades are 1” Barrel Channels) I personally prefer the 1” inch Stocks/Barrels, though I believe Rice makes these in Both 15/16“ and 1” inch

Rice Barrels makes these as “Drop in” for the TC Hawken & Renegade, They are “Match Grade” 4140 Chromoly Steel. They require very little fitting. They come in the “White” it is up to the Customer to do your own Finish, Blueing/Browning, Coatings Etc. I believe they are made in Both 15/16” and 1” inch

In short, they are SIMPLE to Build, and Luckily TC Made a Million Hawken & Renegades Back in the Day, They are not hard to Find

If you decide to build one, and need any Help/Advise, Just shout at me, i would be glad to help ya (y)

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of a kind shooting! Thanks for sharing Lewis. Just amazing what you can do with a peep and a good shooting Muzzleloader. Thanks for sharing man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
This is one of a kind shooting! Thanks for sharing Lewis. Just amazing what you can do with a peep and a good shooting Muzzleloader. Thanks for sharing man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you robby, I sure enjoy this stuff, Hearing the Gong come back at ULTRA long range like this never gets Old.

JohnB

WKR
How fast do you figure that bullet was going on impact. Super impressive shooting!

Wrench

WKR
Look for a .54 Cal TC Hawken Stock (The .54 Hawken is a 1” Barrel Channel, the .45 & 50 Hawken’s are 15/16” Barrel Channels, or a TC Renegade (All Renegades are 1” Barrel Channels) I personally prefer the 1” inch Stocks/Barrels, though I believe Rice makes these in Both 15/16“ and 1” inch

Rice Barrels makes these as “Drop in” for the TC Hawken & Renegade, They are “Match Grade” 4140 Chromoly Steel. They require very little fitting. They come in the “White” it is up to the Customer to do your own Finish, Blueing/Browning, Coatings Etc. I believe they are made in Both 15/16” and 1” inch

In short, they are SIMPLE to Build, and Luckily TC Made a Million Hawken & Renegades Back in the Day, They are not hard to Find

If you decide to build one, and need any Help/Advise, Just shout at me, i would be glad to help ya (y)
20210321_155356.jpg I'm gonna do it. I have a full service rifle smith shop....I just need to make time to build one.

Rob5589

WKR
Damn, that's impressive, especially with opens. Gonna have to change your handle to "eagle-eyelewis."

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, makes me want to sell my CVA now.

What is the length of that bullet?

There’s nothing wrong with your CVA, Just find what it likes 👍

My Grease Groove Bullet length is 1.321”
BBYhlqw.jpg

I shoot a Paper Patched Bullet in this Rifle as well, From a Custom Mold i had made. It shoots every bit as good as the Grease Groove above, it weighs 615 Grains, and is 1.375“ long

This is the BIG 615 Grain Paper Patch Bullet, 3 Shots at 100 Yards
17cAjNY.jpg

ddenney

FNG
Man I've always had a soft spot for the TV hawken rifles since shooting my grandfather's. I have his 54 cal now and wanting a few more if I can find them. Now I want to build one! Great shooting. Guess I need to start looking into the parts you're using here!

OXN939

WKR
This is a bad video to watch if you happen to be loading a CVA Wolf to verify on a water jug at 100 yards

ddenney

FNG
Man reading all your hotrod hawken posts has effects! I just walked into my gun shop and they had 2 hawkens and I bought both of them!

FLATHEAD

WKR
As always, good stuff.
I do have a Green Mtn. Long Range Hunter in .50 cal, and a rear peep
but I still need to get that Lee Shavers front sight.