Ridge wallet/Trayvax/something else?

kipper09

WKR
Wanting to get a new slim wallet for front pocket carry. Anybody have any experience with either of these or anything similar? Like to hear some feedback and experience. Want to carry drivers license, a couple credit cards, and maybe a couple business cards. I do carry a little cash usually, so if anybody has some input or experience I would love to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
Ever try just carrying those few things loose in your front pocket? That's what I have done for the past decade. I see no point in wallets.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

if you want leather check out the front pocket options from saddleback. i have the pouch wallet and it's my favorite wallet i've ever owned.

CMR4

FNG
Highly recommend the Ridge. I've had mine for about 6 months and can't ever see going back to a traditional wallet. I carry my DL, CWP, and a couple CC's. It's perfect. I went with the cash strap rather than the clip. I've had clips on similar style wallets before and they tend to snag and hang on things too much

Ever try just carrying those few things loose in your front pocket? That's what I have done for the past decade. I see no point in wallets.

As someone that just recently switched to a front pocket wallet (after carrying cash in my front pocket but everything else in a regular wallet), I contemplated just carrying everything loose, but my biggest issue is when my credit card/ID get stuck in my cash and then falls out when I pull my cash out.

To answer the OPs question, I went with a Fossil multicard something or another. I like it, its well built and the magnet is very strong which is nice, but my one complaint is that it has a "pocket" in the middle which is basically worthless because nothing fits in it, and because of that pocket, its thicker than it needs to be. Still not terrible - slightly thicker than my phone, but still could be thinner.

bsnedeker

WKR
As someone that just recently switched to a front pocket wallet (after carrying cash in my front pocket but everything else in a regular wallet), I contemplated just carrying everything loose, but my biggest issue is when my credit card/ID get stuck in my cash and then falls out when I pull my cash out.

To answer the OPs question, I went with a Fossil multicard something or another. I like it, its well built and the magnet is very strong which is nice, but my one complaint is that it has a "pocket" in the middle which is basically worthless because nothing fits in it, and because of that pocket, its thicker than it needs to be. Still not terrible - slightly thicker than my phone, but still could be thinner.
I carry my cash folded around my cards, so it is basically my wallet. I'm telling you guys, wallets are for the birds! :)

Trial153

WKR
I have a n orginal travax that i modified a bit...its ok. Kind of a pian in the ass sometime. I use a slim filson card wallet as lot that is great for front pocket use. Way more user friendly then the trayvax

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
I been researching a lot. Fantom is another option I’m looking at. I just want something simple that is easy to use for cards. I carry cash some but not a lot. Maybe I should do the bills around the cards lol. Hard to get that wrong

I’ve tried a simple generic credit card wallet, trayvax, recycled fire hose slim wallet and finally a Ridge. None of them compared to the Ridge for me. It’s slim, compact, water resistant, no frills, and rfid safe. Yes, it’s a little pricey but it’s been the best for me so far.

shmacker

FNG
I've been using a kydex wallet for 6 months, and I love the thing. Eliminated back pain that I had from sitting on a bulky conventional wallet.

Wrongside

WKR
Got a Ridge for Christmas from a good friend. Love the thing. Still like a good leather Saddleback wallet for some stuff, but mostly carry the Ridge. It’s just so easy and compact.

45-70

FNG
I've been using a Ridge for quite a while now. Love it. Normal contents are about 5 cards (CC, ID, other licenses) and a bit of cash. Super easy. Cards and cash are always secured tightly. Cards are easy to remove and insert.

+1 on saddleback leather. Their motto for their lifetime warranty is "they'll fight over it when you are dead."
I fold cash around it and sometimes throw a rubber band around the whole thing.

45-70

FNG
++1 on the Saddleback. I have their Front Pocket ID wallet as well as several of their other products. Very very high quality.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
I just use a money clip. Always has my liscence credit and debit cards. I also can easily fit at least 7 or so bills before it gets too tight. 3 cards and a bit of cash is good for me. All in one clip. I can't imagine carrying a wallet in my back pocket again. On long drives that would kill my lower back.

I carry my cash folded around my cards, so it is basically my wallet. I'm telling you guys, wallets are for the birds! :)

Dang now I'm gonna have to try it!

Never seen a Ridge until this thread, but I don't like the way the cash it all folded up in the clip.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

That's how I do it too, just toss a rubber band around it. If I'm feeling really fancy I may use an old billfold clip.

Gutshotem

WKR
I've had a ridge wallet for 3-4 years now and am really happy with it. I also purchased mine with the strap because I've read reviews about the clip snagging or eventually rubbing through jeans. If you search around you can probably find a coupon code as well.