Sold Ridgeline SA rifle owners take a look - Manners EH1 Carbon Elite Fill Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Seeing if anyone out there wants to upgrade their short action Ridgeline. It has been bedded (more explanation below), but assuming the tolerances that Christensen builds to are consistent, you should be able to drop in your 6.5 or .308 right into this thing and bolt it down and go.

This will fit any rem700 SA, but would likely require rebedding and maybe some additional gunsmith filament work. I had this milled and fitted specifically to my Christensen Arms 6.5 creed at Mile High Shooting in Colorado. They milled out the side bolt release and there were a few other fitament issues where the CA Ridgeline action is just a little different than when Manners builds the stock for a standard rem 700 short action. Mile High milled and fit it, bedded the pillars, glass bedded the action (not just recoil lug bedded), and I also had them fit it to the Hawkins Tracker bottom metal - which is the same foot print as an M5 bottom metal allowing you to switch between a BDL style bottom or a DBM for AICS mags. Your Christensen bottom metal will not drop into this. I used my Christensen spring and follower and slid it into the bottom metal and worked like a charm.

Full build sheet in the photos
-Manners EH1, elite fill carbon stock that was fitted for a Christensen Arms 6.5 Creed
-Elite Tac carbon finish with light dark gray accent
-Cut for the Proof sendero channel, the CA carbon barrel is a slightly smaller diameter than the sendero, but gives you flexibility to go sendero light or up to sendero size if you ever rebarrel...at least that was my though process.
-Was made for Rem700 BDL, but see notes above, this has been milled out with the Hawkins Tracker Bottom metal, which is the same as M5 DBM footprint, just with a floor plate
-1/2" pad (was going for weight savings and 6.5 creed low recoil)
-13.5" LOP (standard length)
-Atlas rail upfront, or you can remove for 2 sling studs
-1 sling stud in the rear
-Front and rear flush cups

Weights:
-Stock only (with pillars installed and bedding + atlas rail installed) = 2lb, 1oz
-Stock with the Hawkins bottom metal and action screws (real world weight) = 2lb, 4.6oz

Pricing:
$700 shipped for the stock, Hawkins Tracker bottom metal, and action screws; if you are going to drop in your CA barreled action, this is the way to go.

$600 for the stock only

PM me if you have any other questions, happy to talk.

Attachments

• Manners 1.jpg
    Manners 1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 177
  • Manners 2.jpg
    Manners 2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Manners 3.jpg
    Manners 3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Manners 4.jpg
    Manners 4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 157
  • Manners 5.jpg
    Manners 5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Manners 6.jpg
    Manners 6.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Manners Build Sheet.png
    Manners Build Sheet.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Manners Total weight.jpg
    Manners Total weight.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
OP
B
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Any pictures of the rifle together want to see the barrel fit.

I can drop the barreled action back in and get you some pictures sometime later today. The barrel free floats and was cut for the proof sendero contour. I believe the barrel channel is 1” but I’ll measure when I take some pictures.

OP
B
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I got a question about the weight difference of the factory Ridgeline stock vs the EH1. They are about the same, the manners is technically about 2oz lighter. Both stocks in the picture below have the bottom metal and action screws in them (factory Ridgeline had the Christensen bottom metal, the Manners has the Hawkins bottom metal), and both have a 6 slot atlas bipod pic rail up front. So an apples to apples comparison.

In my opinion (others may disagree), the benefit to the manners is the higher cheek weld, negative comb for recoil management, and the vertical grip at no weight penalty to the sporter style stock that the Ridgeline has.

Will try and drop the action into the stock this evening for more pictures for those who have asked about that.

Attachments

• Manners stock weight.jpg
    Manners stock weight.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Ridge.jpg
    Ridge.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 73

Jakeweb09

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I offered to buy yesterday afternoon. Haven’t heard back, assuming he’s out of town for the holiday weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.