Ridgeline vs ridgeline titanium

kipper09

WKR
So I’m considering buying a Christensen ridgeline or ridgeline titanium. I have read some people weren’t thrilled with their titanium because there was no real weight savings. I was wondering if those things were no longer an issue? It seems like it’s 1/2 pound or so difference in weight. Plan to buy the rifle in a 28 nosler, and plan to hunt elk and mule deer, maybe Aoudad. I figure a half a pound would be nice to save if it’s really there. Just thought I would reach out and see if anybody had any reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B23

WKR
To each his own but I'm just not sure Titanium is a good choice for actions especially in a magnum cartridges.

Sandstrom

WKR
I got one in titanium, I figured if I didn’t, I would always regret it:) As for the weight, it was almost 3/4 lb over the advertised weight. I sent it back to CA, and a few weeks later it came back just under advertised weight. They have been good to work with. My only complaint is the titanium action does not feel as smooth when working the bolt as a stainless one. Mine is a 308. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Sandstrom

WKR
What did they do to reduce that much weight when you sent it back?
My understanding is when they make the stocks the amount of resin that they put in is the variable that creates the difference in the weight. They put on a different/new stock that was properly made with the right amounts of components to make the advertised weight.
Ryan

archp625

WKR
I got one in titanium, I figured if I didn’t, I would always regret it:) As for the weight, it was almost 3/4 lb over the advertised weight. I sent it back to CA, and a few weeks later it came back just under advertised weight. They have been good to work with. My only complaint is the titanium action does not feel as smooth when working the bolt as a stainless one. Mine is a 308. Hope this helps.

Ryan
The stainless actions aren't real smooth either. Kind of the nature of the beast on a R700 action.

Sandstrom

WKR
Long story short on the one I bought, the local gun store I bought it from, bought it back from me and returned it to Christensen. This was after the third time it sent back to get things right and it still wasn’t right. The headspace was also wrong on the second barrel...
Ryan

natedock1

FNG
The stainless actions aren't real smooth either. Kind of the nature of the beast on a R700 action.
i wish they would adopt the tikka t3x action but flute the bolt and keep the current floor plate style magazine in the ridgeline and ditch the R700. now that is a buttery smooth action compared to the rough action the gun has now

OMB

WKR
i wish they would adopt the tikka t3x action but flute the bolt and keep the current floor plate style magazine in the ridgeline and ditch the R700. now that is a buttery smooth action compared to the rough action the gun has now
Yes a major rifle manufacturer building on a proven action is totally just going to drop everything they're doing and copy a competitors action because it feels smoother :rolleyes:

natedock1

FNG
Yes a major rifle manufacturer building on a proven action is totally just going to drop everything they're doing and copy a competitors action because it feels smoother :rolleyes:
well they (christian arms) either copied or use a competitors inferior rough action (the remington 700) when there were better options out there to use (tikka t3x)

Sako76

WKR
A bud bought a 6.5 PRC Titanium, it shoots bugholes and feels pretty light even though he has a Nightforce ATACR 4-16 on it. Pretty sweet rig. I'm thinking about a 7mm RM for a New Foundland moose and caribou hunt.

I have a ridgeline in 06 and love it. a fuzz under 8lbs and have zero complaints about where its at. While there is obviously some weight savings with the ti, I dont split hairs that hard and am very happy with my backcountry kit.