Ridgetec Lookout Dual Cell Cam

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
If Anyone is in the market for a premium cell trail camera check this one out. I have been through almost every brand of camera and finally settled on one that checks all the boxes. If anyone is currently looking for one to fit the bill, id be glad to help with any questions on the Lookout. I have spent alot of time comparing other cameras features and specs. It can be intimidating trying to narrow down the you like. Iam not affiliated withRidgetec in any way. I just wanted to help anyone currently looking for cell camera, that has questions. here is a few examples of the cameras quality. The videos below are the quality sent to your phone. It is able to send the full quality not a lower quality and leave the original on the SD like the others. First video is not from my cam, but the 2nd and 3rd are. The videos from my cam are set on about 1/4 quality.

not a ridgetec fan as of now...how the hell does this sim card go in...I've installed several different ways and it doesn't recognize it. No instruction provided on the install of the sim card.

OP
SquirrelyDan

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
not a ridgetec fan as of now...how the hell does this sim card go in...I've installed several different ways and it doesn't recognize it. No instruction provided on the install of the sim card.
Iam pretty sure there is a picture on the side of the cam as in the orientation it goes in .

Yup...tried that. Went online to find the manual and it said to orient the card as per the hard to see little sketch. Pushed it in and nothing. No click, no spring eject...nothing. There should be a better way, drawing or video online to be sure that you don't lose the sim card in the camera. Luckily for me, I had the skills to open the camera and take the card out. I will be calling Ridgetec on Monday and let them know my displeasure. Trail cam pro will also be notified that this is an issue. Im sorry, but the sim card holder is bad on this cam, out of the box.

OP
SquirrelyDan

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Yup...tried that. Went online to find the manual and it said to orient the card as per the hard to see little sketch. Pushed it in and nothing. No click, no spring eject...nothing. There should be a better way, drawing or video online to be sure that you don't lose the sim card in the camera. Luckily for me, I had the skills to open the camera and take the card out. I will be calling Ridgetec on Monday and let them know my displeasure. Trail cam pro will also be notified that this is an issue. Im sorry, but the sim card holder is bad on this cam, out of the box.
Sorry to hear that. I have 3 of them and haven't had a single problem . Went in nice and easy

Ok...my much younger and more technological sophisticated friend of mine showed me how to install the sim card. I feel stupid. It is working and sending pics. I hope we are all good now, but it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more detailed instructions for us older folks.

OP
SquirrelyDan

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Ok...my much younger and more technological sophisticated friend of mine showed me how to install the sim card. I feel stupid. It is working and sending pics. I hope we are all good now, but it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more detailed instructions for us older folks.
yeah i agree with the extra instructions. Never hurts to have more literature.