Rifle carrier for Kifaru

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
So I got a Kifaru tact frame and hoodlum bag , I also have the Kifaru gun beater?
It’s a love hate relationship so far.
I love the quick access. But after a while especially with a heavy gun, it becomes uncomfortable.
Is there a way to maybe use some one else gun carrier to to attach to pack. Like stone glacier style? It wouldn’t be fast but I would like to try another way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anozira

WKR
Its not "quick access" but you can attach the gun bearer to the very rear of the hoodlum. Then you can use some various straps to tighten it securely where it wont beat around or move while walking. If I'm not actively hunting with my rifle in my hands, this is the method I use to carry it so its completely out of the way while hiking.

IMG_7954.jpg

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Anozira, that's a Nomad 2 gunbearer and is compatible with the older Hoodlums. It has a longer strap and sewn in ladder lock so that the webbing can double back on itself and adjust in height. The standard Gunbearer won't work in that set up. Greg, if you're wondering if you have a hoodlum that will work with the Nomad 2 Gunbearer, look for the 2" plastic buckle at the bottom center of your bag (like the one holding the GB above). If that's there, you're good to go. Let me know if you have any questions on alternate ways to set up your gunbearer

Anozira

WKR
Anozira, that's a Nomad 2 gunbearer and is compatible with the older Hoodlums. It has a longer strap and sewn in ladder lock so that the webbing can double back on itself and adjust in height. The standard Gunbearer won't work in that set up. Greg, if you're wondering if you have a hoodlum that will work with the Nomad 2 Gunbearer, look for the 2" plastic buckle at the bottom center of your bag (like the one holding the GB above). If that's there, you're good to go. Let me know if you have any questions on alternate ways to set up your gunbearer

Good to know, I ordered one of the original Hoodlums and didn't realized they had changed designs. Going off topic here, can you note any other differences in the Hoodlum packs?

wyodan

WKR
I use the Gunslinger Corral rifle carrier on mine. I had a belt attachment made to hold the carrier and loop their top portion around the frame. It's more comfortable and keeps the barrel out of my line of sight.

Marble

WKR
I use my Sherman packet to carry my rifles. I also use it to strap my Bow on too. Just an option.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

You might want to post a pic of how you set it up , ive found its very comfortable way to carry my rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing is as comfortable as the Gunbearer...just adjust that sucker until you find the perfect angle.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I am curious to see how you are using it. Please put on your pack with it attached with rifle and have a picture taken so we can help.

The Kifaru Gun Beater (I like it) is the best way to carry a firearm I have used.

tdot

WKR
Depending on where I'm hiking/climbing, I'll use the top strap from a Stone Glacier gun sling and the lower from the Kifaru. It does make it even more comfortable to carry, but more importantly it gets the gun behind my shoulder, which I prefer sometimes. The gun is still reasonably quick to release, but definitely not as fast as the gun bearer. I still use the gun bearer top strap the vast majority of the time.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Good to know, I ordered one of the original Hoodlums and didn't realized they had changed designs. Going off topic here, can you note any other differences in the Hoodlum packs?
For the Gen 2 I reinforced the top handle and added .75" straps going across the back for bows / snowshoes / extra crap. Other than that they are pretty much the same.