Rifle conundrum

541hunter

WKR
Last week I was pretty much set to buy a fierce CT rival chambered in 300 win mag with a 22” barrel 1:9 twist (running with a suppressor). They said rifle will come in around the 6lb mark. Heck I even called to put down a deposit (they didn’t answer).
Then a few days ago I see that Christiansen Arms is debuting the new fft version of the ridgeline. It will come with a 22” barrel 1:10 twist and be at the 5.8 lb range. And be about $600 cheaper.
I’m having a hard time deciding which one to go with. Both meet my specs caliber, barrel length, and weight wise ( all in with scope and suppressor under 9lbs). The fierce does have some nicer features in the stock, trigger and a 1/2 moa guarantee. But is that worth $600? Thoughts?

Aviator

WKR
I would call a good builder and have them build the rifle you want, I’ll put a dig in for Alamo Precision.

madcalfe

WKR
lol id wait until there are some new ridgelines floating around.
they said the titaniums were suppose to be light and the weights were all over the place

Reactions: OMB
Christiansen has been having some quality control issues and it appears that getting a good one is a crapshoot. I'd take a Fierce over Christian in a heartbeat. In fact, I have a Fierce, as does my hunting buddy.

Christiansen has been having some quality control issues and it appears that getting a good one is a crapshoot. I'd take a Fierce over Christian in a heartbeat. In fact, I have a Fierce, as does my hunting buddy.

This has been my experience with them as well. I have not owned one, but I have been around a few at our club. Most of the time, it is a "why is this not shooting" discussion at the bench. Never had that discussion with anyone shooting a Fierce.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I have a fierce 300 win mag. It's my all time favorite rifle. I talked my dad into selling his Tika and getting a carbon fury in 6.5. Both guns are awesome. For a factory gun I think they are dang hard to beat. I don't think you will regret spending more money on a rifle.

Mountainman3

Lil-Rokslider
Bergara just released a couple new light weight options. They are spendy but man they shoot great. I don’t own a CA but I know former owners of CA. They had accuracy issues and got rid of them. Just after shot show you’ll start seeing these new rifles hit the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
541hunter

541hunter

WKR
Thanks for the input everyone! I’m definitely leaning towards the fierce right now.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
I was finger ******* rifles at Scheels the other day, CA actions just didn’t feel that great. Way more slop than the Tikkas. Wasn’t impressed.

Has anyone weighed a CT Rival barreled action? I'm curious how it compares weight-wise to the christensen ridgeline titanium? I've heard that both companies have had some discrepancies between advertised rifle weights and actual rifle weights... but that is most likely due to differences in the weights of one stock to the next (as in, each barreled action off the line should weigh exactly the same as the next, caliber and barrel length being equal). For example, had cabelas gun counter guy weigh a ct rival 300wm and it was 6lbs 8oz (6.5lbs) on the nose... where fierce advertised 6.2lbs... just wonder if that is a one off or not (since my regular non titanium ridgeline 300wm also weighs in at 6.5lbs with muzzlebrake).