Rifle Cover

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
Any good light weight ideas for a rifle cover or protector on long trips? Tape over the barrel seems simple and light but I just banging a rifle up. Any ideas? Maybe I’m just to paranoid.... thanks

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
I just purchased a solo hunter gun cover from 1 Shot Gear and I am totally impressed with it!! We made homemade covers 40 years ago for sheep hunting but not nearly as nice. Great to see someone take an idea derived from a specific need and follow thru to marketing that product. So many products offered today are simply gimmicks to make money.

LightFoot

WKR
Lotta guys like the solo hunter rifle cover
I used the solo hunter rifle cover in AK with great results. There are other brands that are the same thing. The concept is good.

I have seen one that covers barrel to scope, which looks good. I used my cover to do the whole rifle or just barrel to scope, depending on the situation.
a77b86cf8d8f4e44f36813393f2b4b89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

wseidel

WKR
Definitely consider the Solo Hunter rifle cover. I use it during poor weather while elk hunting and also for early morning (while dark) hikes in to my deer stands. It protects your rifle while hiking and while hoisting it up to your tree stand....and gives you peace of mind. Hope this helps...

Thess87

WKR
Just got back from AK and my wife and I both had solo hunter covers and I was very happy I bought them protected the guns awesome.

WKR
I used the solo hunter rifle cover in AK with great results. There are other brands that are the same thing. The concept is good.

I have seen one that covers barrel to scope, which looks good. I used my cover to do the whole rifle or just barrel to scope, depending on the situation.
a77b86cf8d8f4e44f36813393f2b4b89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Rapid Rifle Cover.
Good guy, great product.
Highly recommend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
On all of my fall trips my rifle wears a vortex nylon scope cover + the solo hunter cover. Just the solo hunter cover alone isnt enough at keeping moisture off your scope during heavy precipitation (at least in my 5 seasons of experience with the solo hnt cover, adding the nylon cover is clutch. Also, as always tape your barrel.

EJMK

FNG
I’m also one for the Rapid Rifle Cover. It’s quick and protects the scope and end of the barrel very well. I have not used the solo hunter cover, but it looks like a great option too.

Stumbled across this one — something I’ve always thought about for wilderness and backpack hunts where rifles take beating. Until now never saw anything that was light and rugged enough. Definitely going to order a Solo Hunter.

Access to a wealth of knowledge is something I love about Rokslide. Thanks a bunch!

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I have some of the humongous ziplock baggies sold in the camping section if I remember right that would work as a super light "keep it dry & out of the dust" if one was looking for something like that.

Yes, they're cheap. But they're fairly tough and the "zippers" are strong enough to hold 160 pounds of me standing on them when the bag is fairly full of air.

boom

WKR
i like the Solo hunter one. i also use a very old HARRIS bipod. the two combined are fantastic together. i can flip the bipod out straight thru the cover and set the rifle on the ground in rain. the upright position allows the Solo Cover to completely "tent" the rifle and everything stays perfectly dry.

thanks for the reminder. they would be a great Holiday gift for a few of my buds.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here are some images from a deer hunt this year. I will say you can also just use a small rain cover for a pack.. but this one is really resistant against brush and snags. 132856