Rifle guided elk hunt references

I'm a solo hunter looking for any first hand experience with a rifle hunt for elk. Went out this year for 2 weeks archery called in bulls just couldn't close the deal solo. Think having a gun in my hand will even the score. No preference on state just looking in the $3-4000 range.

Call Paul Converse at 406-531-6700. Here’s a bull from Sunday.

Attachments

• EE81D5D8-7629-4FFD-8AF4-EA772A0F48B0.jpeg
    EE81D5D8-7629-4FFD-8AF4-EA772A0F48B0.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 31
I'm no help with the original question (as usual), but this archery season was tough with the heat and smoke. I killed mine during rifle, but only because it dropped to -20F one night and snowed and got elk moving. I'm not sure how to say this, but I think archery is easier(?). During the rut I find it's easier to get an elk inside of 40y than it is to get elk inside of 400y in rifle. I had more experience with elk coming in close and not being able to seal the deal during archery than I did during rifle, and this has held true year after year. And, I'm a bad hunter!

During rifle the elk are spooked and there is no rut to get them to move, so many become 100% nocturnal and won't come out of the high thick stuff (where it is super hard to find them, even if you go in deep).

So, my suggestion would be to give archery another shot in another season. This year was all around difficult from what I've seen and experienced. Ok, got that out of my system...don't listen to me if you don't want...just a suggestion in a sea of suggestions :). Archery elk season is hands down the most fun you can have hunting. Rifle becomes a spot and stalk trudge.