Rifle holder for hang on stand

brad407210

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a good option for holding a rifle in a tree when using a hang on or climber stand? If the weather's decent and on short sits I'll just hold it, but when I'm dressed like the Michelin Man on all day sits I get sick of holding it and hang it off my top climbing stick. It works ok, but it would be nice to have something attached to the stand so you can grab it quicker and not move as much in the process. I haven't seen anything that looked very good yet and want to try making something before muzzleloader season opens up.

I have a contraption made my muddy that does pretty good.
4281f93ac1e8f85eb0dcbb626ee8c97a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruno747

FNG
All my hang on stands have had a rifle rail that my rifle would just sit safely across. However i have one of the hawke stands, Idk the name, I call it the transformer. Its a 12' tripod that converts into a cart.

I put one of the bog pod holders on it as it functions as both a rest and a holder when not in use. Its basically the rest from their chair pod made to mount to a flat floor. Perfect for that tripod as it doesn't even have arm rests.

OP
B

brad407210

Lil-Rokslider
It does work to sling it against the tree, it's just hard to grab it without making a lot of noise and movement when I'm all bundled up. I do like the idea of having something like a bog pod attached to the rifle, I'll have to play around with that and see what I can make work.