Rifle opinions

Thanks again for all of the info guys. How much are the Tikka T3X's running?
$749 at SW unless on sale then usually $699 - IF you are close to a SW and shop there get on the rewards program, you can apply that cash toward gun purchases as well

another attribute of the Tikkas is that even the WSM's feed smooth as silk
I just wish they'd produce AND IMPORT the superlights in WSM's - some of the "Beretta USA stubbornness" I guess

$749 at SW unless on sale then usually $699 - IF you are close to a SW and shop there get on the rewards program, you can apply that cash toward gun purchases as well
For the superlites... The standard t3x is like 30 or 40 bucks cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bisley45

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka's are great, but I prefer the ergos on the X-bolt over most everything out there. Both are very accurate well made production rifles. Last week I bought my second Xbolt, a western hunter in 7RM. It's basicly a Hell's canyon sans the ceracoat and flutes....for $650 shipped to mt FFL. If you buy an X-bolt do yourself a favor and pick a trigger spring from Mcarbo 15 bucks well spent

Jon Boy

WKR
I want to play too!
Super lites in 7 mag and 7mm/08
339135c5535f149515c3ed2ae4ad5f46.jpg
0f3c2d93f8f79b3093f6d4716e1358dd.jpg
b56a0031b3770c715ce923380350caaa.jpg
7ee3e8460a4966e9019f8a516726a423.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tikka's are great, but I prefer the ergos on the X-bolt over most everything out there. Both are very accurate well made production rifles. Last week I bought my second Xbolt, a western hunter in 7RM. It's basicly a Hell's canyon sans the ceracoat and flutes....for $650 shipped to mt FFL. If you buy an X-bolt do yourself a favor and pick a trigger spring from Mcarbo 15 bucks well spent
Browning bolt rifles are made by MIROKU of Japan, a company that KNOWS how to build all aspects of a good rifle and has done it well since the "fat bolt" days

TwoTikkas

WKR
I've been mighty tempted to try a Hells Canyon in 26 Nosler. Nosler wants WAY too much for their rifles. Heavy and not all that exciting. My B.I.L. Has one. Decent shooter,but not worth the asking price. I just can't get on board with the grippy stocks on the Browning.

LightFoot

WKR
I would go with the savage lightweight storm 6.5 Creedmoor.

I am not a fan of short actions cartridges in the long action (tikka). Tikka makes a great gun but if I were gonna get one, it would be a long action.

The lightweight model has a shorter (lighter barrel) and bolt/action fluting. Would be a good gun to carry.

I would trust the accuracy for both to be sub-moa.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
H

Hulions

FNG
Ok. The wife has given the ok to get either one I want. I stopped by the local Bass Pro this afternoon and they have the Tikka T3x Super Lite, Browning Hells Canyon Speed, and the Hells Canyon Speed Long Range in stock and all of them in 6.5 Creedmore. Now I've got some decisions to make. I like the feel of the Long Range and the Tikka. I liked the slightly heavier barrel on the Browning. Still up in the air.

LightFoot

WKR
Ok. The wife has given the ok to get either one I want. I stopped by the local Bass Pro this afternoon and they have the Tikka T3x Super Lite, Browning Hells Canyon Speed, and the Hells Canyon Speed Long Range in stock and all of them in 6.5 Creedmore. Now I've got some decisions to make. I like the feel of the Long Range and the Tikka. I liked the slightly heavier barrel on the Browning. Still up in the air.
You can't go wrong with any of those options. Don't forget the weight and "feel" of the rifle will change significantly when you add optics.

The Tikka in a 6.5 is a long action with a magazine block to accommodate the short cartridge. Not a big deal. Great trigger. I don't think I have ever heard of a tikka lemon.

I like the Browning. You get a real short action and a couple hundred dollars worth of cerakote in those models. I don't think the trigger on the xbolt is as good as the tikka. The long range will give you another 4 inches of barrel length and more weight. More weight sucks on the mountain, but bothers none in the truck or on the bench. Worth it for the velocity and stability if shots are expected to be at extended ranges.

Let us know what you decide.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

czim

FNG
I own several Brownings and have handled several Tikkas. Both are great rifles and will serve you well.

DBARDSLEY

FNG
Tikka Tikka Tikka! As far as out of the box accuracy, actually the only rifle factory I've seen that shot better the more rounds sent down range. Bang for buck would definitely be Tikka and a lot of forums where people actually complained they were having to make adjustments with them after shooting the rifle more and more bc they stack rounds tighter and tighter thus changing dopes etc after confirming zero.