Rifle primers legal?

Elnicko

WKR
Hey guys, I’m new to the whole muzzleloader thing so bear with me. I may have an opportunity to buy a barrel/breech plug setup that converts a Bighorn Origin action to a smokeless muzzleloader that uses large rifle primers. My question is, is this setup legal in any western states? I checked the regs and from the best I can tell it should be fine in AZ, NV, UT and WY but I could be wrong. Also, would BH209 work in this setup since smokeless powders are illegal in most states during muzzleloaders season? Thanks for your help!
For reference, here’s a link that describes the conversion I’m interested in.

ENCORE

WKR
First, I'm not a builder. There's more to a SML than just screwing a breech plug in a barrel and installing an action, inserting a module and you're good to go.

Hopefully Luke from Arrowhead will chime in, or you should send him a PM. You will get the answers you need.

I own and shoot a custom built SML. I know what went into the rifle and why. The other forum is kind of questionable on methods IMO.

Any .... quality built..... custom SML rifle will shoot BH209 extremely accurately. More accurate than most shooters can shoot.

OP
E

Elnicko

WKR
Ya I don’t know all the details on the conversion yet but it sounds like it is fairly straightforward although I’ll have to look into it more. Seemed like a good chance to use an action I already have since I probably won’t be using a muzzleloader a ton. The biggest issue for me is the legality of the priming system so I’m trying to figure that out before I put too much thought into something that isn’t legal where I’d like to hunt.