Rifle Question from a bowhunter...

nobody

WKR
Appreciate the feedback guys! Gonna order the 30-06. Does anyone have anything negative to say about the Maven RS.1 (2.5-15x44)? I’ve seen good reviews and want a quality hunting scope that is durable and has good glass. Any negatives with Maven or this scope in particular?

I read a ton about the Zeiss Conquest v4 but reviews seem solid for the Maven
Good choice in an -06, you could do alot worse for sure!

As far as the Maven is concerned, they make top notch gear. Love my Maven binos. However, I've heard that their scopes have shorter eye relief relative to other makers. I've never used one of their scopes, but I recall hearing that and reading it somewhere. May be something to check up on and read up on! Build quality and glass should be great, but double check the eye relief. Even if you don't get scoped, you'll end up having to crane your neck and head way forward to see through and may not be able to get a proper cheek weld potentially. Again, I'm just mentioning something I've heard a few times, I've never messed with their scopes.

Ya know...I love my 300win but when I rifle hunt I always end up taking my 45-70 Govt and stalking close. Habits die hard. The big bullet just drops em. Thanks Buffalo Bore. The first round took out the lung, the second blew a 3" section of neckbone out and tossed the bull like a rag doll. Serious KE. My favorite brush gun. Makes amazing coyote nuggets.

(View full screen-shot with old flip phone)