Rifle Range - Bozeman, MT Area

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a 2nd time elk hunter taking some 1st time elk hunters out west this fall. We're going to be traveling from northern MN and a member of the group asked if there was anywhere to sight in rifles out there. Anyone out there aware of something in the Bozeman, MT area where we'd be allowed to shoot the Thursday before opener?

Elk97

WKR
There are probably others but the only one I've used is south of Big Sky a few miles (towards W Yellowstone) on the west side of the road. Only 100 yards as I recall but a nice public, free range with good shooting tables. Gets busy the closer to rifle season it is.

hunterjmj

WKR
Rifle range in Logan. Not sure but they use to have free public sight in days otherwise it's $60. Manhattan wildlife association. I'm a member but not sure of all the rules. Not even sure guests are allowed. 🤷‍♂️

sneaky

"DADDY"
BLM or National Forest. Pull over in a safe spot, set up a target, and shoot. No need to pay to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Lots of BLM on the way there....stop throw out a target at 100 or 200 yards zero then shoot dirt clumps or rocks at longer distance.

BLM or National Forest. Pull over in a safe spot, set up a target, and shoot. No need to pay to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This. Lot's of open country between the ND border and Bozeman where you can site in a rifle fo free.

Just don't be the guy shooting near a bunch of hunter's campsites the day before season opens.

It should be easier to site in a rifle at home but i get it if people want some confirmation shots to feel better about things after travelling.