Rifle scope questions

OP
cody21peterson
Just curious...what rifle are you using for practice out to 1000 yard? Are you looking to just hit a poster size target or consistently hit inside a kill zone?

Have you read through this thread: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...t-of-a-rifle-build.259521/page-5#post-2571980

Does your $500 budget include the rings and other accessories/costs that you might want to consider like a bubble level, bipod, and load development?

I've had a few Leupold scopes - they were good for non-dial shooting, but even then I lost zero with one on a moderate ground impact with a VX-3i when my son fell carrying the rifle. My buddy has a Leupold VX-6HD ($2000) on his Gunwerks and so far it's performed well but I would strongly recommend you consider a scope manufacturer that has a good reputation for holding zero (from recoil and/or impact) and returning to zero when dialing. NF SHV, SWFA are more than $500 but have a good reputation...

I’m shooting a tikka t3x superlite 7mm rem mag
I plan on getting accessories spread out over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxxAgg

WKR
This fits your budget.

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
I’m about to post my BDX 6.5x20x52 for sale and will make ya a good deal. DM me if interested

OP
cody21peterson
I think I’ve narrowed it down to the leupold vx3hd 4-14x40, sig sierra 3 bdx 4-14x40, or the maven crs 4-16x44. I used to run the Garmin Xero bow sight and I like the simplicity so I’m leaning towards the sig bdx since I already have the kilo rangefinder. The leupold would be the best as far as weight is concerned. Best glass maybe maven?
Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk