Rifle scope recommendations

HNTR918

WKR
A locking top turret, capped windage were both musts along with illuminated center dot.
I've taken some bad falls with rifles on packs, so having a great warranty also added to it.
That left me with Leupold or Vortex.
Both were also at 19 oz.

I ended up going with the Vortex on my Kimber 280 ai.

OP
NJDiverDan
A locking top turret, capped windage were both musts along with illuminated center dot.
I've taken some bad falls with rifles on packs, so having a great warranty also added to it.
That left me with Leupold or Vortex.
Both were also at 19 oz.

I ended up going with the Vortex on my Kimber 280 ai.

I am assuming you have the LHT? How do you like it? I am hearing good things.

Thanks,

-dan

Choog

FNG
I just bought a Tract Toric. I really like it. I compared it today to a Leupold Mark V and a Nightforce ATACR. Glass was just as clear. Turrets feel great. It is a really good scope for the money.

Check out the new Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42mm. They offer it in Mil and MOA (with their HX line). I picked one up for $807. Made in Japan, same place the Nightforce SHVs are made at. They have a true Zero Stop elevation turret, illumination and parallax adjustment. Glass is clear. Just traded my SHV 3-10x42 in for it. A 0.5 oz. weight increase, but worth it for the features and magnification you gain.
starting to look into this as well.... do you like it more than the shv? what do you use it for?

EM_556

WKR
starting to look into this as well.... do you like it more than the shv? what do you use it for?
The only concern I ran into was that at 15 power the eye relief and parallax adjustment was very tight. If the parallax was not adjust right then the reticle would move as you moved your head.

I still like SHVs. I think both scopes have their purpose.

I would recommend looking through a Credo before purchasing, if possible

The only concern I ran into was that at 15 power the eye relief and parallax adjustment was very tight. If the parallax was not adjust right then the reticle would move as you moved your head.

I still like SHVs. I think both scopes have their purpose.

I would recommend looking through a Credo before purchasing, if possible
Good to know... thanks