Rifle Scope Selection Help

OP
Banded_spooney
If you couldn't see em with a VX3i, it was too early to shoot.

It's the glass, not the tube. If it was the tube, they'd go bigger than 30 mm and sell that as an improvement.

Hope the VX5 works out well.
Outdoorsman12b outlined my problem well. I’m sure I was zoomed to 14 and didn’t think about that reducing my light gathering ability.
The most recent time, it most certainly wasn’t too early to shoot. It was probably 5-10 minutes until sun rise on a clear morning in the open not the timber. The first time I was watching my watch for legal light and it was thicker country so I wasn’t surprised I couldn’t see well.

Rich M

WKR
Outdoorsman12b outlined my problem well. I’m sure I was zoomed to 14 and didn’t think about that reducing my light gathering ability.
The most recent time, it most certainly wasn’t too early to shoot. It was probably 5-10 minutes until sun rise on a clear morning in the open not the timber. The first time I was watching my watch for legal light and it was thicker country so I wasn’t surprised I couldn’t see well.
Gotcha.

I did some timing on a Vortex Diamondback this past season. That scope was good for 20 minutes on a dark cloudy day and 30 minutes+ on a normal day. VX3i is a bit better in the glass department so...

Years back had a time I went hunting on a darkly cloudy morning to intercept some deer passing thru private between alfalfa field and wooded swamp bedding. Normally they were thru before legal time. Legal shooting time and the deer were there and visible as smudges in the gloom. Crazy what decent glass can do.