Rifle Scope

ericwh

WKR
If you have a budget of $700 for a scope I would recommend that you SPEND ALL OF IT.

I have been through scopes from Leupold vx-3, ~$500 Burris ', etc and you can absolutely and easily see the difference between that stuff and Razor HD LH or Bushnell LRTS etc. Not just in clarity but eye box, features, build quality, so on... it is worth it. You will not regret spending $700 on rifle scope.

I've stacked about a dozen antelope over 10 years or so with a 4-12x40 Leupold with a BDC on a Savage 25-06... before I learned they both suck here on Rokslide :ROFLMAO:.

That 243 is a flat shooter, I'm not sure I would mess with dialing or overthinking it. But if you want the acceptable advice, it's T3X 6.5 CM, SWFA/Nightforce/Bushnell and Sportsmatch rings.

Rich M

WKR
Get a Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10 or 4-12. Best $250 you'll ever spend.

Recently bought a 350 Legend and wanted a BDC scope for it. DB has a nice simple set, nothing crazy and I can afford a better scope. Anyway - it is clear, good for 30 minutes before after sunrise/set on a normal day, 20 minutes when its cloudy. Holds a zero. Pleasantly surprised.

aOWENc

FNG
I have 2 Burris XTR II’s and love them. I bought them from Natchez blemished for $670. I think they still have them. Glass quality could be better at higher powers, but they are packed with features, good reticle, track perfectly, and are tough as nails. I would recommend the 2-10 for your rifle.

Buck197

WKR
Yep, it is a nice Viper. Liked the 5-20 option so I picked one up too.View attachment 303318
Nice... I wish I'd gotten the 5-20..I am stuck in old school thinking and it's HARD to break free of. I have this little thing in the back of my head that always says, you've killed more on 3x and 4x than anything else, it's your bread and butter scope power..Of course it is..Hell that's what most of us had growing up,3-9x haha and I am kicking myself in the butt again. Enjoy it boss.

FLS

WKR
Id go with Vortex HD LH or Leupold VX5 HD. I have both. The Vortex has a better reticle for your wind holds at distance. Everybody worries about elevation, but wind is what can turn a solid hit into an oh shit moment. I don’t really like a first focal scope for hunting. At lower power the subtensions are too small to see and you have a fuzzy looking cross hair that damn hard to see in low light. With the Vortex, I zero the dot at 200 and carry the rifle around at 4 or 5x. If I need to shoot quick I’m good to 300 without touching anything. If I need to go farther I can crank the power up and be more precise. It’s a great hunting scope and reticle combo.