Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

aman

FNG
I'd love to see you test the march 3-24 scope. It's designed by same guy who designed Nightfore NSX so it would be interesting to see if the same durability carries over.

I'd love to see you test the march 3-24 scope. It's designed by same guy who designed Nightfore NSX so it would be interesting to see if the same durability carries over.
I highly doubt March is as durable as the NXS. I have read of several losing zero and not tracking without a drop test.

I highly doubt March is as durable as the NXS. I have read of several losing zero and not tracking without a drop test.
That's disappointing to read.
I know that NF's reputation is well earned, and I like the ones I own; the only criticism ICD tender is that it's be nice if they'd expand their reticle designs a bit. The best that can be said about a lot of their reticles, for hunting purposes, is that they're serviceable.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a solid scope than a reticle I like. But, just want it all.

That's disappointing to read.
I know that NF's reputation is well earned, and I like the ones I own; the only criticism ICD tender is that it's be nice if they'd expand their reticle designs a bit. The best that can be said about a lot of their reticles, for hunting purposes, is that they're serviceable.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a solid scope than a reticle I like. But, just want it all.

aman

FNG
can you share your data? in spirit of this forum let's try not to make any claims without providing references to data (even if anecdotal)

can you share your data? in spirit of this forum let's try not to make any claims without providing references to data (even if anecdotal)
🙄. You can google it man. The spirit of this forum is to crush hearts of fanboys of several different scopes. I am all for it being tested. There is no way a 23oz March is as tough as a 32oz NXS. Plenty of examples on several forums.

Ok thanks for your contribution.
I think they only have a 10yr warranty don’t they? I think it used to be 5, then they generously doubled it. Their scopes are shipped all the way back to Japan for warranty work. I owned one for a brief minute a few years ago - I liked it. I don’t have anything against them. I am just betting they don’t pass Form’s drop test. Hopefully I am wrong.

aman

FNG
I think they only have a 10yr warranty don’t they? I think it used to be 5, then they generously doubled it. Their scopes are shipped all the way back to Japan for warranty work. I owned one for a brief minute a few years ago - I liked it. I don’t have anything against them. I am just betting they don’t pass Form’s drop test. Hopefully I am wrong.
Yes I believe you are correct that they recently increased their warranty. I'd be very interested in March drop test regardless of the outcome.

jstraus34

FNG
I would like to see the Zeiss V4/V6 tested. Not only because of the popularity and positive feedback from those who shoot these models but to also substantiate the product testing Zeiss claims from product development.
I just started going through "the scopes we would like to see Form test" and maybe this was asked an answered but this is at the top of my list for an upcoming elk hunt. I can't find much from anyone about RTZ or losing zero during any durability testing. I tend to baby my equipment but drops do happen, horse brushing against a tree when gun is in the scabbard etc. SHV 4x14 is in the mix too but its on a light rifle that I bought to keep light. Adding a 30 oz scope kind of defeats that purpose. Eyebox is more forgiving on the V4 as well. @Formidilosus any feedback on the Zeiss conquests v4 or v6? you've been super quiet on this manufacturer which usually says volumes. As I type this I'm thinking we all know the answer to the question but figured I'd ask and "no comment" comment would confirm the cease and desist order in place :)

Last edited:
I just started going through "the scopes we would like to see Form test" and maybe this was asked an answered but this is at the top of my list for an upcoming elk hunt. I can't find much from anyone about RTZ or losing zero during any durability testing. I tend to baby my equipment but drops do happen, horse brushing against a tree when gun is in the scabbard etc. SHV 4x14 is in the mix too but its on a light rifle that I bought to keep light. Adding a 30 oz scope kind of defeats that purpose. Eyebox is more forgiving on the V4 as well. @Formidilosus any feedback on the Zeiss conquests v4 or v6? you've been super quiet on this manufacturer which usually says volumes. As I type this I'm thinking we all know the answer to the question but figured I'd ask and "no comment" comment would confirm the cease and desist order in place :)
IIRC, seems these have been tested and didn't fare too well. Could be wrong, but worth a search.

jstraus34

FNG
hmm, so surprising as their website specifically says they are up to the "abuse" I guess that is somewhat subjective. So sad we can't believe everything we read on the web... clearly kidding. Next question for anyone that wants to weigh-in are there any scopes sub 20 oz mark that would pass the Form challenge? Ideally looking 4-16x, clear glass, forgiving eyebox at high power, illuminated reticle and not costing more than $1.5k? I really like the Meopta Optica6 but tips the scale at 30 oz so back to the defeating the purpose trying to keep as light as possible.

hmm, so surprising as their website specifically says they are up to the "abuse" I guess that is somewhat subjective. So sad we can't believe everything we read on the web... clearly kidding. Next question for anyone that wants to weigh-in are there any scopes sub 20 oz mark that would pass the Form challenge? Ideally looking 4-16x, clear glass, forgiving eyebox at high power, illuminated reticle and not costing more than $1.5k? I really like the Meopta Optica6 but tips the scale at 30 oz so back to the defeating the purpose trying to keep as light as possible.

For that weight, the 3-9 SWFA is hard to beat. If you can find one.

Glass and eye box are very good; reticle and reliability are great. They're not lit, but the MQ reticle shows up well throughout the X range and against a lot of different backgrounds.

Last edited:

SDHNTR

WKR
Doesn’t exist. We are all looking for that!

SDHNTR

WKR
Yes I believe you are correct that they recently increased their warranty. I'd be very interested in March drop test regardless of the outcome.
March does test for impact. Exactly how? I am not sure, other than the very brief glimpse you can see on their marketing video where the guy is whacking the scope around and then putting it on a collimator. I also sent a scope back to them for more diopter adjustment specific to my eyes, and they sent it back with a letter saying that it had been thoroughly tested for impact and function and passed. So who knows if it would be up to Formy standards, but at least they are doing something and considering the effects of impact in the first place! That seems like a hell of a lot more than what most scope manufacturers are doing!

Last edited: