Rifle Sling

Wassid82

WKR
I'm hoping for some advice on the type of gun sling most people have found to be helpful while in the field. I haven't given much thought to this until recently reading some articles and books on the importance of a gun sling. I guess I have used a couple different ones over the years but mostly I used ones handed down to me by family members. Anyone have recommendations and reasons why a particular gun sling works well for them? thanks

Mosby

WKR
I have tried all types of slings from leather to neoprene. I have settled on using the lightest sling I can find. My current favorite is the Uncle Mike's Mountain sling. No brass hardware to hit the stock. Doesn't freeze in cold weather. Minimal weight.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I only use Browning X-Cellerator slings. They’re one hand adjustable and work great. I can’t stand a loose sling like apparently everyone else does. I find slings very useful and never find that they get in my way.

gfreidy

WKR
I only use Browning X-Cellerator slings. They’re one hand adjustable and work great. I can’t stand a loose sling like apparently everyone else does. I find slings very useful and never find that they get in my way.

Great tip...will take a look.

TreGrizz

FNG
The most useful one I’ve found, and the one I use, is the Ultimate Rifle Sling. It is rubber, it grips the shoulder well, and adds support for taking shots off hand. Also made in the USA. But it ain’t fancy or pretty, it just works.

This is the sling I use. its a bit unconventional, but the rubber springiness really takes the pressure off your body.

I friend of mine told me about the sling he started using as a Marine deployed in the gulf. He called it a guitar sling but I found them made by Boonie Packer safari sling. It's adjustable to use as a regular sling or to go over your neck like a guitar strap. Leaves your hands free if you need to use binos or pee. Can carry it all day without getting tired and it leaves your rifle ready to just pull up to you shoulder in an instant if you need it.

Reread post #6 and #12. The sling mentioned is the best I have found. I have been using it for several years, and highly recommend it. It won't slip off your shoulder, and has a lifetime warranty. You can use it with both straps over one shoulder while walking, or quickly separate the two straps and put one over the other shoulder to carry like a back pack, hands free (takes less than 2 seconds). Really handy when climbing. I think it is called Ultimate Sling, or Loganslings ????

Reread post #6 and #12. The sling mentioned is the best I have found. I have been using it for several years, and highly recommend it. It won't slip off your shoulder, and has a lifetime warranty. You can use it with both straps over one shoulder while walking, or quickly separate the two straps and put one over the other shoulder to carry like a back pack, hands free (takes less than 2 seconds). Really handy when climbing. I think it is called Ultimate Sling, or Loganslings ????
Ultimate Sling. It's my second choice in slings. A couple hunting partners use them and swear by them. I tried it out too. Its very nice.

Another claw fan. Prefer the slim ones. I searched around for a better option a couple of years ago. Pulled one of these off one of my ARs and my favorite tikka has worn it ever since. 2.5oz I think. I am also a fan of brute polymer sling swivels.

OP
Wassid82

Wassid82

WKR
wow thanks for all the replies.....looks like I have hours more of research to keep me busy. I look forward to getting to know more about all these.