Rifle Sling

matthewmt

WKR
I've been happy with the "claw" they have a slim and regular width and a quick adjust like a lot of modern options do. Cinch it down when on the move and they do a good job staying on my shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Elk97

WKR
I like leather, no padding and not too wide. I wear a pack most of the time hunting and the leather sling still stays put on my shoulder. The fat padded slings just slide off and are a pain.

Rich M

WKR
LOL!

I use a piece of nylon webbing most times but do have a cheapo leather one w nonip backing.

My dad had my mother sew a button on his wool coat for the rifle sling when he walked out.

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
Boonie Packer Packer strap. Nickel swivels and sewn-in non-slip material. Lightweight for sure and no padding to soak up water, most importantly. If you need padding for tender shoulders or heavy rifles, the Uncle Mike’s slings work.

Cubby

WKR
Check out montana slings very nice quick adjust leather sling, also check out the ultimate sling, its rubber non slip and loaded with features

morgaj1

WKR
Second the Ultimate Sling. Really comfortable and doesn’t slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have been really impressed with the Blackhawk Kudu stretch sling. It has some non slip on the underside which will hold even if you drop your arm down and lean. It also has some stretch-just enough to tame any bouncing while hiking. Oh and under $20 is great too

The Quake Claw rifle sling is it! I love mine. It is quiet, flexible when way below zero, strong, and will stay on your shoulder with a pack, without a pack, with heavy clothing on. This is the way to go.

1593785551712.png

They make a straight one, and a wider one that tapers down from the top to the bottom. Get which one you like, but I think the contoured one as shown works best for me.

mproberts

WKR
Honestly it sort of depends on what all you're trying to accomplish with your sling. I have claw slings, but I also really like the VTAC PES hunting sling and the Ferro Concepts Slingster. There are plenty of videos out there on both to show you what they have to offer.

robtattoo

WKR
Im a cheap bastard. 100' roll of 1" webbing, a couple of swivel, 2 ladder locks & a bit of silicone sealer.
2oz, $5 per sling (if you use cheap swivels) & works like a dream.

pirogue

WKR
Another vote for the Ultimate. That feature that allows it to backpack is simple, but ingenious.

Bomberodevil

Lil-Rokslider
I was on the Limbsaver website ordering a recoil pad, and I noticed they have non-slip slings that look kind of interesting. Not real pretty, but they look real functional.