Rifle slings!!

what rifle slings do you guys use/recommend?

Last years season my rifle sling shoulder strap kept slipping off my backpack shoulder strap and I decided I’d remedy that by purchasing a sling of some sort.

Ideally I’d like to be able to remove it quickly from it being “holstered” as well as place it back without removing my pack.

Let’s hear what you guys are doing?

OP
RangerRick
I use a kifaru gun bearer if I have my pack on. I also use a true sling - a slogan outdoors and I love it.
Kiifaru one looks pretty slick. Have you had any issues with it? Or anything you don't like about it? Does it take some time getting use to have the rifle ride under your arm like that? Does the upper buckle ever slip/slide?

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Kiifaru one looks pretty slick. Have you had any issues with it? Or anything you don't like about it? Does it take some time getting use to have the rifle ride under your arm like that? Does the upper buckle ever slip/slide?
It takes a little getting used to but it works well. I used it for 7 days in Mexico in 2020 hiking miles of STEEP coues deer country and was able to deploy it rapidly if needed. I used it again in 2021 on a coues/mule deer combo in Mexico.

I do use it in conjunction with my Slogan Outdoors sling so I have a sling when I don't have my pack on. The slogan doesn't slip and holds up well. I used only my Slogan on a barbary hunt, an elk hunt and a bison hunt when I didn't have my pack. It also works well when wearing a pack and not using the kifaru. Go rubber, not leather. More pliable, better grip.

OP
RangerRick
It takes a little getting used to but it works well. I used it for 7 days in Mexico in 2020 hiking miles of STEEP coues deer country and was able to deploy it rapidly if needed. I used it again in 2021 on a coues/mule deer combo in Mexico.

I do use it in conjunction with my Slogan Outdoors sling so I have a sling when I don't have my pack on. The slogan doesn't slip and holds up well. I used only my Slogan on a barbary hunt, an elk hunt and a bison hunt when I didn't have my pack. It also works well when wearing a pack and not using the kifaru. Go rubber, not leather. More pliable, better grip.
I like the idea of the Slogan sling in conjunction. I know Mystery Ranch has something similar where the shoulder sling is include but the Kifaru seems superior in function and what I’m going for, throw in the slogan for when I don’t have a pack and whammie, seems legit.

Antares

WKR
I use a Kifaru Gun Bearer and no sling, I love it. Great for hiking through thick brush. You can guide the muzzle through because it's right in front of you and you can protect the scope because you can sort of hug it under your arm. Real easy to get the rifle in and out of too.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Second Slogan slings
Simple and you can split the straps to backpack it for a climb/crawl
The rubber grabs the shoulder quite well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bought a slogan and wasn’t as much of a fan. Lots of claws on my guns. I also run a very light ghost gear GT sling on my main hunting rifle and use a gun bearer on my pack.

OP
RangerRick
I bought a slogan and wasn’t as much of a fan. Lots of claws on my guns. I also run a very light ghost gear GT sling on my main hunting rifle and use a gun bearer on my pack.
Why did you prefer the claw over the slogan?

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Another note for the ultimate rifle sling. I have been replacing all my other slings with them.

Why did you prefer the claw over the slogan?
Meh...Personal preference really.

The slogan smelled like an oil spill right out of the package so it didn’t start off in a great place In my mind. I aired it it a while before I was going to take it into the woods. It is bascially a doubled up rubber strap of uniform thickness Which is about half as wide as a claw or normal sling gives up some comfort on the shoulder. The buckles and hardware were a little hard to manipulate to adjust sizing. It’s a neat idea but I didn’t find myself using the split strap cross body thing much And it takes a little practice to make it work well. It got caught in my bino harness and you can’t use that function with your pack on. Also Pay attention to which version you buy as there are actually sizes to the slogan slings based on you shirt size and you have to read the description to figure that out. Last point is the slogan is $45 or $50 as I recall. About 2x the cost of a claw.

On the other hand, the claw is one slide buckle so less busy and complicated. It is wider and carries better on the shoulder for me. I probably have 6-8 of them sitting on guns in my safe. Only problem I have ever had with them is some rust on the swivels.

rayporter

WKR
slogan has an extra wide sling but it does no slide through the hardware easily. i like it because it is extra long also but dont use it much.
my first one actually had a browning deer on it and i think it was made by ultimate,
since then i have had several slogans.

i like the way it stretches which relieves the strain on the shoulder

my kifaru gets used less but they compliment each other