Rifle Tag in KS

After 8 years we drew in Kansas Unit 2. The last time I drew we were down South by Garden City so this is new territory for me. Does anyone have experience in the area? I hope to make a trip out next month for scouting and a meet & greet w/ locals...any specific tips?

Thanks,

tdhanses

WKR
Plan to glass and drive a ton, yes there are plenty of WIHA but very few antelope. I did this hunt last year and was successful, passed on a few smaller bucks the first 2 days. With how short the season is keep moving till you find them. Don’t get discouraged and just keep looking. Also use a landowner app like onX, Gaia etc. I wouldn’t worry about knocking on doors now, as antelope can be on a property one day and miles away the next. Don’t limit yourself, the hardest part is finding a good buck where you can get access or is on wiha.

12A913F6-582C-48B9-8C57-FF45478DED58.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
K
Just a thanks to all who helped (a special shout out to Tradguy for some last minute scouting tips)...my buddy and I were both successful. We saw several goats but were not as lucky finding them on ground we had access to. We got one outright "NO" on a nice buck and another bruiser had been taken (with sketchy circumstances I fear) before we heard back from the landowner with permission. None the less, a good time was had by all and we're already planning our next trip.

Again, great community and I appreciate the support. Now - on to mulies in the same area.

Jeff

Just a thanks to all who helped (a special shout out to Tradguy for some last minute scouting tips)...my buddy and I were both successful. We saw several goats but were not as lucky finding them on ground we had access to. We got one outright "NO" on a nice buck and another bruiser had been taken (with sketchy circumstances I fear) before we heard back from the landowner with permission. None the less, a good time was had by all and we're already planning our next trip.

Again, great community and I appreciate the support. Now - on to mulies in the same area.

Jeff

Congrats! Lets see some pics!

OP
K
I don't have any good photos...and I'm technically challenged enough that I don't have a hosting service! :(

I'll see what I can do to put something together.