Rifle Value?

Twitch

WKR
What are some of the best sources to determine the value of a rifle? Gunbroker? similar sites?

I have a Ruger M77 tang safety red butt pad (serial # puts it at 1981) .243 I originally picked up a gun for my boys to start with, but have bought other guns for them since and don't really have a use for a .243.
It's the only used gun I've ever had, and there is some wear on the stock and bluing (hence thinking of a kid gun), but I have no clue on a 1-10 type scale where this would fall.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 243.jpg
    243.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 46
  • GUN 1.JPG
    GUN 1.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 46
  • GUN 2.JPG
    GUN 2.JPG
    437.6 KB · Views: 47
  • GUN 3.JPG
    GUN 3.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 49
  • GUN 5.JPG
    GUN 5.JPG
    433.7 KB · Views: 49

elkguide

WKR
I'd guess that it would be in the $500 to $700 range, if you find someone that wants one.
I love the tang safety 77's.

Bsnyder

WKR
if there is a cabelas near you just have them appraise it. if they try to buy it from you i would turn it down as at best they will give 60% of book value.

Thehighroad, 24hourcampfire, longrangehunting and the classifieds here are a good source for info. It also varies ALOT by where you live, here in Iowa itd sell for 4-500 ONLY because the only thing you could hunt here with it is coyotes. The same gun in MO would bring 20% more...

Man I had the identical gun and it was a shooter!! I sold it to a buddy and his wife uses it now, I still want to buy that gun back. I think I sold it to him for $400

I look what they are selling for on gun broker.

You you had a target showing it k own to shoot sub moa that would help.
The problem is modern machinery has put so many lower cost decent rifles out there.
Your definitely looking for a guy that loves wood stocks and tang safety.
I'd say with the wear $400-700

OP
Twitch

Twitch

WKR
Quit fishing and post it in the classifieds

haha. Not sure I'm going to get rid of it. Too many guns isn't really a thing. I've been packing it while calling cougars. Fits great in an Eberlestock scabbard.
Was just curious where to find value, and it could be better served transitioning it towards maybe another gun.
This is the first used gun I've bought, and I've never sold a gun...especially online.

blue book of gun values. will give you two prices..... what it's worth and the trade in value.

it goes off percentages. note everyone thinks their gun hits the 90-95% realm in reality those are banquet guns that have never been shot. Typical condition of a gun that was actually used was usually in the 60-80%

obviously it can be less depending on the wear and tear.

On a gun like that there won't be a ton of monetary difference between it in 80% or in 60%. Those number start to get real nit picky with the higher end firearms that could mean a difference of hundrreds or even thousands of $$

all that said, if you just want a general idea of it's worth and you're not looking to sell/trade gunbroker will get you in the ballpark & save you $30+ on the most current edition of the blue book.