Sold Rifles Inc. Strata .30-06 Ackley Improved w/ Ammo, Dies & Brass. Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Selling a mint condition Rifles Inc. Strata in .30-06 Ackley, built on an E-series Remington 700 action by Lex in 2005. The rifle with Talley Lightweight scope rings weighs in at 5 lbs 5.1 oz. Subtract the 3-oz Talleys and the bare rifle comes in at 5 lbs. 2 ounces. The Talley 30mm Lightweights are included in the sale. Here are some stats and features:
  • 44-3/4” overall length
  • 13-1/2” LOP
  • 22” ultralight barrel (twist not marked) with integral Rifles Inc Slimbrake
  • Fluted bolt and skeletonized bolt handle. Lapped and face trued.
  • BDL bottom metal
  • Original Walker trigger tuned by Lex, breaks crisply at 2 lbs 11 oz pull weight
  • Original E-series Rem 700 action lightened and blueprinted by Lex.
  • The RI carbon/ Kevlar/boron Mountaineer stock is pillar bedded to the action. RI butt pad.
The sale also includes the following ammo, dies and components:
  • 9 rounds 165gr Nosler Partition loaded per Lex’s build sheet with 65.0 gr RL-22, Fed 210M.
  • 15 rounds 150gr Hornady Interlock loaded with 63.0 gr RL-19, Fed 210M
  • 22 rounds of loaded .30-06 Core-Lokt ammo ready for fireforming some brass (not pictured)
  • 85 rounds of Winchester fireformed brass
  • 19 rounds of F210M-primed 30-06 brass ready for loading for fireforming.
  • Set of Hornady Series IV .30-06 AI dies
Condition: The 17.5-oz Rifles Inc. Mountaineer stock in brown camo is near-new with few blemishes. The only blemishes on the barreled action are some Cerakote rub on the underside of the barrel at the sling mount, likely caused by sling rub, a small shiny line through the RI logo and some normal rub on the trigger guard.

There are no disappointments with this rifle. The original Rifles Inc. test sheet is supplied with the rifle proving less than MOA capability. My only rounds fired were to sight in a scope. Round count is at least 85 per the fireformed brass, but otherwise not known. Likely not too many more since it’s a handloaders cartridge and not a range rifle (i.e. it’s an ultralight). The amazing Slimbrake does a nice job of taming the recoil. Talk about an ultimate sheep rifle! And Lex Webernick’s capability as a gunsmith is widely-known and respected. The only reason I’m selling is because this rifle stayed home during deer season this year in favor or my other rifles, and there is another rifle I’ve found that I can’t live without. My firearm ADD is kicking in and I have to have it. ☹

More about the Strata here: http://www.riflesinc.com/riflemodels.html

$2,750 shipped for everything. The rifle ships to your FFL from an individual with ID enclosed. The ammo and components will ship separately. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have and provide additional photos as required. Just drop me a PM. This rifle is cross-posted so the first I’ll Take It by timestamp prevails. Thanks for looking!

Keith

IMG_2245.jpgIMG_2257.jpgIMG_2233.jpgIMG_2246.jpgIMG_2247.jpgIMG_2248.jpgIMG_2249.jpgIMG_2253.jpgIMG_2242.jpgIMG_2237.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.