Riflescope Help

amassi

WKR
Spoke with NF and nxs compact is 8 months backordered. Might not be an option for next season. Looked into the shv and it’s on the heavy side.

Looks like trijicon and ZEISS are still the front runners. Found accupoint that’s 2.5-12 but all the turrets are capped which kind of sucks.
They come up for sale pretty often
There's 2 nxs for sale on long range hunting right now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Spoke with NF and nxs compact is 8 months backordered. Might not be an option for next season. Looked into the shv and it’s on the heavy side.

Looks like trijicon and ZEISS are still the front runners. Found accupoint that’s 2.5-12 but all the turrets are capped which kind of sucks.

You are correct in that the wait time through NF is that long...however, dealers are always ordering more. I spoke with Neil at Cameraland and every time they sell a scope, that same scope is ordered. So if you were to order a scope right now through NF directly (or any other manufacturer directly...Leupold, Zeiss, etc), you would be waiting if there is a backorder. But because a lot of the dealers are constantly ordering throughout the year, you are able to get the product much faster. Cameraland has the NXS in Mil and MOAR coming in the next 2-3 weeks because they have been continually placing orders in the last year. So the scopes that are coming in now were placed in the fall. I cannot speak to other retailers but if you order a backordered item (in my case a scope) through Cameraland, they will tell you exactly where you are on the "list." I ordered the NXS in MOAR 2.5-10x42 yesterday and there is nobody ahead of me on the backorder list.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
You are correct in that the wait time through NF is that long...however, dealers are always ordering more. I spoke with Neil at Cameraland and every time they sell a scope, that same scope is ordered. So if you were to order a scope right now through NF (or any other manufacturer Leupold etc), you would be waiting. But because a lot of the dealers are constantly ordering, you are able to get the product much faster. Cameraland has the NXS in Mil and MOAR coming in the next 2-3 weeks because they have been continually placing orders in the last year. So the scopes that are coming in now were placed in the fall.

Hope that makes sense.
Correct, I spoke with camerland yesterday and said that its not guaranteed but it looks around a month before some NXS's come in. As tempting as it is I can save a good chunk of money going through their military program. Kind of a trade off between getting the scope now vs waiting, I'm still on the fence.

805 refer to area code?

OP
Correct, I spoke with camerland yesterday and said that its not guaranteed but it looks around a month before some NXS's come in. As tempting as it is I can save a good chunk of money going through their military program. Kind of a trade off between getting the scope now vs waiting, I'm still on the fence.

805 refer to area code?

Totally. I am not in a huge hurry in the grand scheme of things so I don't mind waiting. The gun market the past couple years has been so nuts that I feel like I am accustomed to the wait (especially as a CA resident). I have to say this was my first purchase through Cameraland and they were outstanding.

Yup...live on the Central Coast..You?

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
Totally. I am not in a huge hurry in the grand scheme of things so I don't mind waiting. The gun market the past couple years has been so nuts that I feel like I am accustomed to the wait (especially as a CA resident). I have to say this was my first purchase through Cameraland and they were outstanding.

Yup...live on the Central Coast..You?
The gentleman I spoke too was friendly enough he almost makes me want to buy it through them just to show support.

Originally lived in Ventura County (Simi Valley) but the Army moved me out to Colorado.

OP
The gentleman I spoke too was friendly enough he almost makes me want to buy it through them just to show support.

Originally lived in Ventura County (Simi Valley) but the Army moved me out to Colorado.

I felt the same way with Cameraland. I know people have spoken highly of them on this forum which is why I called and I am really glad I did. I actually have a local optics place near me and when I enquired about the NF NXS, the owner asked if I "would be using the scope to harm animals." Moving past that, he said he could have the scope in a day or two via one of his "other stores." I didnt want to do business with him which is why I reached out to Cameraland. Neil, Doug and Joel (spoke to them all separately either via rokslide or on the phone) were super helpful and answered questions that I didnt even know I had. They explained each part of the order and ensured it would be personally taken care of. I highly recommend them for their customer service, but also for their 2A and hunting support. Glad I went through them

You are correct in that the wait time through NF is that long...however, dealers are always ordering more. I spoke with Neil at Cameraland and every time they sell a scope, that same scope is ordered. So if you were to order a scope right now through NF directly (or any other manufacturer directly...Leupold, Zeiss, etc), you would be waiting if there is a backorder. But because a lot of the dealers are constantly ordering throughout the year, you are able to get the product much faster. Cameraland has the NXS in Mil and MOAR coming in the next 2-3 weeks because they have been continually placing orders in the last year. So the scopes that are coming in now were placed in the fall. I cannot speak to other retailers but if you order a backordered item (in my case a scope) through Cameraland, they will tell you exactly where you are on the "list." I ordered the NXS in MOAR 2.5-10x42 yesterday and there is nobody ahead of me on the backorder list.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for posting this - I have just been checking the website and also PM'd Doug a couple weeks ago asking if any new NXS Compacts were in yet and he said pretty much what you did. But I didn't know I could get on a backorder list - need to do that:) I almost always talk to Neil when I call - he is a heck of a fun guy - easy to let him take your money ;) I'll be on the list for another MOAR.

OP
Thanks for posting this - I have just been checking the website and also PM'd Doug a couple weeks ago asking if any new NXS Compacts were in yet and he said pretty much what you did. But I didn't know I could get on a backorder list - need to do that:) I almost always talk to Neil when I call - he is a heck of a fun guy - easy to let him take your money ;) I'll be on the list for another MOAR.

Just a heads up for everyone as this was a point of clarification, when using Cameraland, even if something is backordered, you can still utilize the website, add the backordered item to your cart, and purchase it that way. You will be kept in the loop via email and your account on where you are in the process. You can also call and speak with any of the guys there who are all epic in their own right. Neil is amazing lol.

Just a heads up for those of us who are constantly checking when something will be available on the website.