RimFire Surpressor noob

TFrank

WKR
Never really messed around with suppressors. Don’t know much about them but for what I have read.

I am very motivated to suppress my savage mark II bolt action .22. I would also need to get it threaded as I didn’t ever anticipate I would want one. So I guess it seems weird to me to put a $500+ suppressor on a $200 gun.

I am not opposed to spending some money, but what would a reasonable price be for one? At what price point is there any significant difference in performance, accuracy, weight, staying clean etc? Also is this even worth doing (hunting gun for squirrels and rabbits). Are there any pro tips or things to look out for a rimfire one?

You're into it 450+ no matter what.

Suppressor for at least $250 plus a $200 tax stamp.

Even with that, do it.

And buy everything threaded from here on out.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a banish 22 on the way. They upsold me on it when I ordered my banish 30. I need to get something to put it on because I probably won’t thread my 77/22. I ordered a Ruger American rimfire 22 that was threaded but the order got cancelled. Im looking at that Christensen arms ranger 22.

When I was in your shoes I watched way too many videos and read way too many articles/reviews/comparisons. Everyone swears by what they have (shocking I know). The ones worth buying start at about $350.

Pretty much every reputable company makes a good 22lr can. It’s not really a hard round to suppress. It is dirty, best to get something that will be easy to clean.

Antares

WKR
I have a banish 22 on the way. They upsold me on it when I ordered my banish 30. I need to get something to put it on because I probably won’t thread my 77/22. I ordered a Ruger American rimfire 22 that was threaded but the order got cancelled. Im looking at that Christensen arms ranger 22.

If you’re shopping, I’d suggest looking at the CZ 457. I have a Pro Varmint that I like a lot. Waiting for a Sig SRD22X for it.

OP
TFrank

TFrank

WKR
When I was in your shoes I watched way too many videos and read way too many articles/reviews/comparisons. Everyone swears by what they have (shocking I know). The ones worth buying start at about $350.

Pretty much every reputable company makes a good 22lr can. It’s not really a hard round to suppress. It is dirty, best to get something that will be easy to clean.
Thanks, yeah I thought I had read somewhere awhile back they get pretty dirty.

I would make sure & buy a titanium one. Also there's no such thing as a suppressor "staying clean" especially on a rimfire round, they are crazy dirty. If I was you I'd wait till black Friday and go to https://www.silencercentral.com/ they always run a sale where if you buy a banish 30 they throw in a banish 22 for for free and if you don't want to spend that much just buy the banish 30 and get a thread reducer for your 22lr and then you can use it on all your guns up to 30 cal.

PNWNICK

FNG
I did as much research as I felt like and then but the bullet and bought 4 from Silencer Central. Banish 30, 223 and 22 and then SoLo 22. Every gun I have bought is threaded and will be from now on. Buy once cry once on this because who knows how long we will be able to get them.

mmac

WKR
I agree with the post above on the CZ, I have the 455 and run it suppressed and it is very accurate. The 457 is supposed to be even better. I think the total cost is likely $500 and a cost to rebarrel is probably $250 and then if you get the CZ, or something else, you have an extra rifle to take a friend. Your in for $500 on the can as well once the tax is paid.

B23

WKR
There's lots of really good rimfire cans out there. I have two older TBAC rimfire cans, 22-S and 22-L, and they've been great but they're only rated up to a 17HMR so I've been using my TBAC 223 can on my 17WSM and 17Hornets. The Banish line is supposed to be very good suppressors so when I ordered a Banish 30 I bought two Banish 22 cans and like many of the other top performing rimfire cans out there they're rated for use up to FN five seven and 17 Hornet. I'm hoping to have them some time around the first of the year. Never can have to many rimfire cans. :)

wildcat33

WKR
Following. Been looking to pick one up myself. The Banish 22 looks nice, but at a 100$ premium over a dead air or TBAC, its a tough sell. Curious to see what others recommend.

My TBAC 22 takedown gets used more than any can I own. Takes down easy, soak, scrub with a nylon brush, soak, rinse, put the baffles back together and off you go. Very easy and haven't not had to adjust zero yet.

If the Banish 22 is too rich for you check out the mack bros vapor 22. $399 and they make the Banish 22 for silencer central

I would make sure & buy a titanium one. Also there's no such thing as a suppressor "staying clean" especially on a rimfire round, they are crazy dirty. If I was you I'd wait till black Friday and go to https://www.silencercentral.com/ they always run a sale where if you buy a banish 30 they throw in a banish 22 for for free and if you don't want to spend that much just buy the banish 30 and get a thread reducer for your 22lr and then you can use it on all your guns up to 30 cal.
I wish I had thought about waiting till then, but wanted a better chance of it being approved before next falls hunting season. I guess in this case time really does equal money

I personally use and love the TBAC 22-TD. Basically every company makes one and you should 100% get one. It'll be your most-used suppressor by a wide margin.

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
The Silencer Shop is including a $50 gift certificate on the Dead Air Mask now, it’s a well regarded suppressor.